Author Topic: How Many Stop Playing A Video Game Due To Fatigue?  (Read 3009 times)

How Many Stop Playing A Video Game Due To Fatigue?
« on: January 11, 2021, 12:39:33 am »
I do, all the time, I usually get fatigued after playing part of a game I never played before like Call Of Duty World At War for the Xbox360, after playing for hours and I can eventually suffer loss of reflexes freezing of hand eye coordination loss of focus and it sucks. I get mad at this point at myself and I need to stop playing before I get upset, after taking a break I can do some more, but it's no fun to need to quit because of my mind freezing and reflexes stop.

I could never be a person who does online tournaments, does anyone else need to quit any kind of a video game because of these symptoms, I wonder because nobody ever mentions quitting from fatigue, I have heard of rage quitting but what about fatigue quitting? when you want to play more but you just can't at the moment. Even though you've got the time to finish a game

(edit)
 did a search on Epilithic seizures since I was curious, some of these symptoms I have even when I am doing something else,

Seizure signs and symptoms may include:

Temporary confusion. (yes)
A staring spell. (yes)
Uncontrollable jerking movements of the arms and legs. (no)
Loss of consciousness or awareness. (yes)
Psychic symptoms such as fear, anxiety or deja vu. (yes)

(another internet search)
During a seizure, there are bursts of electrical activity in your brain, sort of like an electrical storm. This activity causes different symptoms depending on the type of seizure and what part of the brain is involved. Seizures can take on many different forms and affect different people in different ways.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 02:43:35 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

theflea

Re: How Many Stop Playing A Video Game Due To Fatigue?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2021, 06:44:12 am »
For me its when I play the same kind of game for too long. I've been playing a lot of open world games and needed a break so I play something like a racing game or a strategy game.
"Happy game hunting!!!"

doafan

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2021, 08:38:42 am »
Am kinda jealous cause when I was single used to play even the entire day without fatigue, now married and with kids is almost impossible for me to play every day, still manage to play at least one hour per day.

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

shfan

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2021, 02:59:32 pm »
Fatigue's pretty hard to explain, at least without sounding wet, but I understand exactly what fatigue feels like and have skipped days and weeks of gaming due to it. When I'm too flat to game I just watch a DVD or Blu Ray, which are always second choices to gaming.

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2021, 03:08:13 pm »
I had a recent experience with Crash Bandicoot 4 which its difficulty lead me to being fed up to t he point where it simply wasn't enjoyable to play. I'd endure a level or 2 and be simply worn out! Toys For Bob went way to far with this game and if they intend to make any more further Crash games I will not be investing the time or energy into them.

Beyond that example I don't usually get tried while playing a game. I do find that I will get series fatigue with certain titles, Yakuza as much as I love them do fall into this. I remember jumping from Yakuza 3 to 4 and it felt exactly the same and I just needed to play something else in between to stop it feeling so stagnant. I'm currently playing 5 & intend to play Yakuza 6 before Like a Dragon (7) in March. But I think between 5&6 I will dish out a few smaller titles in-between.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2021, 04:38:44 pm »
Yes I stop playing do to fatigue but not quite the same way as you.I usually end up falling asleep with the controller in my hand whenever I play cause I usually work 10 to 12 hours a day.It's hard for me not to fall asleep no matter how much I want to play. My family thinks it's funny and sometime they take videos of my game spinning around in circles while I snore away lol.But it could be worse I used to work even longer hours before.I do get dizzy spells sometime also but not to often.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 04:43:08 pm by wartoy »

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2021, 02:54:58 pm »
You should def moderate your playing time, or take more frequent/longer breaks during long sessions.

Also, you don't get epilepsy from overexerting yourself playing games.