Author Topic: Avengers 2020 Game  (Read 6930 times)

Re: Avengers 2020 Game
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2020, 08:43:12 pm »
It's probably got enough folks on console still, PC versions tend to not usually do as well in comparison it seems, but the game is definitely doing poorly and delaying the new content and next gen update is not gonna help them.  A shame, as the game after updates and I'm thinking just general support of the PS5, now runs pretty great after installing it last night.  It just doesn't have the content to keep people invested.  I'm just hoping this doesn't kill off content past the upcoming stuff with Kate Bishop, Hawkeye, and maybe Spider-Man.  It could turn things around, I definitely would like to see that, but it's gonna be hard at this point. 

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2020, 10:04:32 pm »
The game sucks. It's repetitive and boring. Mash the attack button, beat-up the same enemies over and over again, rinse-and-repeat in levels that all look mostly the same. I didn't even finish it, I got bored and moved on. And this thing is supposed to be aimed directly at me, a lifelong comic collector.

pzeke

« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2020, 09:59:42 am »
Crystal Dynamics has reportedly lost $50 million, while Square Enix $62 billion, which I'm in all honesty glad they have. There's no excuse for the amount of wrong decisions they made, most particularly having made the game live service. Failing this miserably with an IP like The Avengers in the current climate we're in given how hot the franchise is and the pandemic is absurd...like worse than Anthem. The potential this game had to be the next best thing was over the freaking moon—this could’ve easily been Marvel’s Arkham, but instead in the end all we got was a steaming pile of dog turd, flies flitting about and all.

Also, shit like this needs to die already... I reckon this is Square Enix since they're notorious for these kind of stuff, but still, it's utter trash and needs to die.

EDIT: We have the Spider-Man games, so we'll call those "Marvel's Arkham"...or not, they're their own thing.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 01:06:25 pm by pzeke »

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2020, 05:08:45 pm »
Eh, it sucks things aren't doing well, but at least some new content is making it out this year.  The Kate Bishop character, someone I never knew about, could be fun to play with her sword melee and her blink based moveset for getting around.  Also teasing Maestro and an apocalyptic future for the Hawkeye DLC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqiAotnCIBY

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2020, 07:37:39 pm »
Eh, it sucks things aren't doing well, but at least some new content is making it out this year.  The Kate Bishop character, someone I never knew about, could be fun to play with her sword melee and her blink based moveset for getting around.  Also teasing Maestro and an apocalyptic future for the Hawkeye DLC.

But why pay for additional content on a crappy game?

« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2020, 10:21:03 pm »

New characters and story content are free.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2020, 11:57:30 pm »

Oh, nice.

pzeke

« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2020, 09:52:40 am »

That's the least they could do.

The PS4 section of the Walmart I go to has a rack filled with copies of the game, and about 10 or so copies of the Deluxe Edition. Price drop coming soon...

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

lex2000

« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2020, 05:29:06 pm »
This game has actually been on my radar since reveal. I'm a big marvel fan. I wasn't able to get it at launch due to being really tight on money this year (thanks, Covid), but hopefully a price drop of some sort comes soon. I've heard quite a lot of mixed opinions on the game so I'm interested in seeing if I'll end up loving it or not. It's by Square Enix so I'm sure I'll have no issues with it.  :P
@ me when Sinnoh remakes are announced

« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2020, 05:36:58 pm »
This game has actually been on my radar since reveal. I'm a big marvel fan. I wasn't able to get it at launch due to being really tight on money this year (thanks, Covid), but hopefully a price drop of some sort comes soon. I've heard quite a lot of mixed opinions on the game so I'm interested in seeing if I'll end up loving it or not. It's by Square Enix so I'm sure I'll have no issues with it.  :P

It's worth it if you can get it for around 20 bucks, which it pretty much was recently I believe on Black Friday, though I'd only recommend it if you got a PS5 or PC because it didn't run great on PS4 Pro when I last played it there in October.  At that price, there's more than enough to get into and they just added the Kate Bishop character and story about a week ago with Hawkeye coming out in probably a month or two.  It's not the best game, but I found enough to like to occasionally keep playing after beatin most of the story content.

lex2000

« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2020, 07:40:04 pm »

It's worth it if you can get it for around 20 bucks, which it pretty much was recently I believe on Black Friday, though I'd only recommend it if you got a PS5 or PC because it didn't run great on PS4 Pro when I last played it there in October.  At that price, there's more than enough to get into and they just added the Kate Bishop character and story about a week ago with Hawkeye coming out in probably a month or two.  It's not the best game, but I found enough to like to occasionally keep playing after beatin most of the story content.

I see, if that's the case I may wait until a little after I get a PS5 to play it. Hopefully by then there'll be another sale or something as well haha.
@ me when Sinnoh remakes are announced