Author Topic: Talking a bit about Pac-Man because the recently 40th anniversary  (Read 905 times)

mrkonasoni

|START》|

Last year Pac-Man celebrated it's 40th anniversary so I just wanted to talk a bit about the franchise.

First of all, I think is kind of cool that the general culture towards Pac-Man is that massive that even people that never played video games at all wanted to try it up or knew about the development of the original game.

Like a game itself I don't think is even neccesary explain the concept because just like Mario I want to believe it is that popular for quickly understand it or know it, I think Pac-Man is just a master-piece, after 40 years the game is still fun and well designed like the first day it was released, I think just some games like Pac-Man has managed to truly build up a timeless concept that will be always fun and great.

About other sequels I have played a bunch, that are like different version of the original game, some more interesting games are Pac-Man 2 for the Genesis and SNES that is like a point and click platforming game, or Pac-Attack that is a good puzzle game.

Some peeps could met Pac-Man back then in 2000, playing the classic game "Pac-Man World" that was a 2.5 game with Pac-Man having a new design and a good gameplay that made a game that is the favorite of many people for the console.

Anyway Pac-Man had lots of other games and concepts, nowadays the most popular game is a free to play android game of the original games and Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 that is certainly great.

About other projects, there is a more family friendly project called "Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures" that used a Kid version of the character with a new design, it had a fun tv show and 4 games that are kind of underrated and were good enough for fans.

About other stuff I never consumed at all are merchandise and such, but I always knew that Pac-Man was such a phenomenon back then and nowadays is still loved by many fans around the world.

I certainly hope Pac-Man still make people happy for many more years.

And you? What is your story with the all times master-piece "Pac-Man"?

« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 07:17:43 am by mrkonasoni »
I always have problems learning English, but I still love to talk a lot, I need no reason to be kind, after everything I have gone through I found a little peace.

Re: Talking a bit about Pac-Man because the recently 40th anniversary
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2021, 04:36:39 am »
I haven't really been a big fan of Pac-man arcade (1980) I think the game would have been better if there was more than one maze/stage setting. From what I remember Pac Man and Ms. Pac man original  had one level setting that seemed to repeat itself. Even after you got through the first stage setting without losing all lives. Meaning even after you get all the power pellets and not get caught by the ghosts the game was just the same 1st level over and over again.

Other arcade video game of Pac Man's time were similar i guess. I just wish that the 1980 Pac Man original had more then one maze to play through. If I grew up with it I might have liked it better.

Newer games like Pac-Man World interest me. Like the one I bought for GameCube and Super Nintendo, but the first one if I am being honest I thought was boring.

However I  did play the original arcade game before on an arcade cabinet that had 2 other games on it. and that barber shop let you play without costing any quarters or money.

I also played Namco Museum, 50th Anniversary on the PlayStation 2

(edit) internet says there was 4 mazes but I never made it off the 1st before I got board :-\
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 07:25:31 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2021, 07:48:20 am »
This is one of those games where videogames were so mainstream, that this was some people's only game. Like Wii Sports :)
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2021, 02:10:05 pm »
This is one of those games where videogames were so mainstream, that this was some people's only game. Like Wii Sports :)

Pac man was extremely popular and I believe had gotten some people into video games period, but believe it or not. Quite a few a video games came before Pac Man was out there was Space Invaders in 1978 and Asteroids in 1979 Breakout in 1976 "Galaxian" in 1979, "Tank" in 1974 "Space Wars" in 1977 "PONG" in 1972 and my internet search has more arcade games of the 1970's.

Even though I thought Pac Man just ok. just a few years ago a sub sandwich place had a real Pac Man Arcade Cabinet and this lady was pushing all kinds of quarters and she was having a blast, she looked like she was at least in her 40's, and she really was enjoying Pac man like it was the 1980's all over again for her. I know many many people love Pac Man and from what I heard people liked Ms Pac Man (the game) even better.

Ms Pacman came out in 1981 the following year after Pac man did.

NO APPS NEEDED

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

mrkonasoni

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2021, 12:21:30 pm »
- Answering to @oldgamerz

Well Pac-Man is an 1980 game, so I can understand it was mostly simple but yet the clever concept made it still fun nowadays.

- Answering to @koemo1

For some peeps, Pac-Man was the first worldwide phenomenon related to videogames.
I always have problems learning English, but I still love to talk a lot, I need no reason to be kind, after everything I have gone through I found a little peace.

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2021, 01:16:26 pm »
The Story World museum in Groningen Holland had a exposition about 40 years of Pac Man. But sadly corona made it impossible to go visit.

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2021, 05:12:42 pm »
- Answering to @oldgamerz

Well Pac-Man is an 1980 game, so I can understand it was mostly simple but yet the clever concept made it still fun nowadays.

yes Pac Man is still fun to this day I just need to play it more, since I do actually have Pac Man original on a PS2 compilation, and your actually making me feel like playing it :)
guessing me and you  I are one of the few people left in this world that plays pre 1983 video games.

NO APPS NEEDED

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2021, 03:57:11 pm »
I'm gonna fire up some pacman tonight
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2021, 10:41:13 pm »
Never was a big fan of the original Pac-Man. Just not a fan of most of the arcade games of that era.

But I do love the Pac-Man World platformer games.