Author Topic: Super Mario Bros. 3 - Mario Time!  (Read 703 times)

mrkonasoni

Super Mario Bros. 3 - Mario Time!
« on: October 26, 2023, 06:32:49 pm »
》》》START 》》》

Super Mario Bros 3 is 35 years old and probably one of the most important games worldwide. Super Mario Bros itself is a pretty important franchise, but I think Super Mario Bros 3 goes a bit further because it is one of those games that answers the question about whether video games are only for children or not.

Frankly, I don't care, but Mario 3 is one of the few video games I have met elderly people or people who don't care much about video games who enjoyed their time playing it and bothered to get further instead of just a couple of levels.

That's impressive considering how much of a taboo or just insignificant video games are for quite a lot of people.

About the game itself. I have never beaten it but I have played it several times and it's honestly impressive everything that it has done right. Have you ever seen a documentary about the development of this game?

Shigeru Miyamoto and his team wanted to create a video game that could be the "ultimate Mario game" and even Nintendo of America invested a lot in aggressive marketing for the game, which ended with Mario Bros 3 being the best-selling game of all time, even if it wasn't long-lived.

Mario Bros 3 is a popular game and there are still interesting things to say about it. It will keep being important for the video game industry and keep inspiring new gamers and players worldwide for another 35 years.

But what are your opinions about the game? Do you love it? Do you hate it? Mario World is better? Have you watched "The Wizard"?

¤You are welcome to disagree with me.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2023, 09:56:39 pm by mrkonasoni »
I always have problems learning English, but I still love to talk a lot, I need no reason to be kind, after everything I have gone through I found a little peace.

Re: Super Mario Bros. 3 - Mario Time!
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2023, 06:38:49 pm »
Super Mario World is my favorite of the 2D Mario's, but Super Mario Bros 3 is right there in second place as it's a great time.  I played it a bunch as a kid and have played it off and on over the years.

telekill

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2023, 08:53:34 pm »
Mario 3 helped me during my f'ed up childhood. Great game though. Iconic in many ways.

pzeke

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2023, 10:26:41 pm »
Super Mario Bros. 3 happens to be one of my earliest and fondest gaming memories. I knew someone as a kid who used to play the game, alongside the first two, and I used to watch him attentively while bombarding him with questions about the game that he'd answer very brotherly-like; I remember at the time renting and playing the game because of him. I never beat the game as a kid, and quite honestly still haven't to this day, but without a doubt, Super Mario Bros. 3, coupled with the first two games in the series, are forever etched in my memory and are undoubtedly part of what furthered my interest in gaming.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2023, 04:05:25 pm »
I enjoyed Mario World for the gameboy :)
I have no experience with mario 3
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]