Author Topic: Talking a bit about that Goldeneye 007 Remaster leak.  (Read 877 times)

mrkonasoni

Talking a bit about that Goldeneye 007 Remaster leak.
« on: February 08, 2021, 08:36:53 pm »
|Start》|

Note: Download links won't be provided this is just a topic for talk about the subject just for the sake of novelty and curiosity.

A few days ago the cancelled Goldeneye 007 Remaster was leaked from an unknown source and people have started playing it and testing it.

Why it was cancelled and how it was leaked?

The reason behind the cancellation seems to be quite clear, the rights for the game are spread from multiple sources and Microsoft while interesed about make it playable on modern hardware the plans are always shelved because the rights subject.

So it seems that at least at moment an official port is unlikely, but now who and how this port was leaked?

Supposedly the game complete build was available for just an hour back then in 2007 for a Xbox 360 network for developers and journalist and someone managed to download it, who is the person behind the leak looks like is something that is better keep like a secret, though.

But now the archive is available for everyone on the internet and is playable using methods like emulation or a modded Xbox 360.

I am actually happy the game is preserved but about the remaster itself what it includes?

Pretty much HD assets, new 3D models and a more stable framerate of 60 frames compared to the original release, it also includes an online multiplayer mode and my favorite thing is that the Nintendo logo was changed for a screen that reads "You expect me to delete the Nintendo logo, Bond? No I expect you to die", great stuff.

While it's still unlikely that an official release will ever happen at least people and fans can finally take a look or play the first attemp for bring back to life a classic of the Nintendo 64.
I always have problems learning English, but I still love to talk a lot, I need no reason to be kind, after everything I have gone through I found a little peace.

aliensstudios

Re: Talking a bit about that Goldeneye 007 Remaster leak.
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2021, 06:17:16 pm »
Was this port a lot like the HD versions of Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie?
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

mastodon

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2022, 04:09:10 am »
Is this still a thing? It's such a shame it never released.

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2022, 08:38:33 am »
Yeah, I played it last year.  It plays quite well with the modern controls.

While we're on the topic it was recently leaked that Goldeneye should be coming to Xbox at some point.  Achievements appeared in Xbox's system for the game, so unless it's somehow some indie troll should be coming sometime soon.

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2022, 12:26:18 am »
While we're on the topic it was recently leaked that Goldeneye should be coming to Xbox at some point.  Achievements appeared in Xbox's system for the game, so unless it's somehow some indie troll should be coming sometime soon.

Looks like Switch as well, as there were some European ratings board submissions that leaked around the same time.

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2022, 03:22:29 am »
I'm quite optimistical that a remaster in some way will be released.
As for Germany for example, it was leaked that someone managed to have this game put down from the countries list of banned video games. It was put in there quite shortly after it's release in the 90's due to "too realistic visualisation of killing"  ;D
So, someone achieved a lifting of the ban, presumeably for it to be re-released somehow.

It was the first egoshooter I played on console and it would be awesome to see this milestone of gaming coming back to life once again.

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US !!
WELCOME TO YOUR DOOM !!