Author Topic: The Xbox 360 Discussion Thread  (Read 3181 times)

Re: The Xbox 360 Discussion Thread
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2021, 10:52:46 pm »
360 is my favorite console of all time. Outside of slow startup times, not major issues. I love my 360, and have 2 brand new ones sitting in my closet so I'll be gaming on it for years to come :)

FYI you can also use external storage on the 360. I have 2 2TB mini external drives hooked up to mine right now. I have just under 900 games installed (Plus all my DLC, saves, etc) and I still have 1 TB free.

gummo

« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2021, 09:23:42 am »
Is yours modified to work without the discs or is that stock ?

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2021, 12:35:31 pm »

Stock. Besides having digital versions, any 360 game can be installed to the hard drive (the disc is still required, but just for a quick ownership check).

gummo

« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2021, 01:50:43 pm »

Stock. Besides having digital versions, any 360 game can be installed to the hard drive (the disc is still required, but just for a quick ownership check).

Okay , that seemed like the best option for me . I'd heard that at least one of the disc-less mods can get the console banned if you do it wrong and then log it in to Xbox-Live .

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2021, 01:59:28 pm »

Okay , that seemed like the best option for me . I'd heard that at least one of the disc-less mods can get the console banned if you do it wrong and then log it in to Xbox-Live .

yes but like I mentioned you should be able to install any Xbox 360 disc game on the hard drive, BUT I don't think there is a way to install Original Xbox games onto the hard drive.
you can only play Original Xbox games on the Xbox 360 off the disc. but you can save your game save files to the hard drive just not the entire game itself.

again worth mentioning you can't even play an original Xbox games on the Xbox 360 without an internal hard drive. Not quite sure if you can use an external hard drive to play them though.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 02:05:06 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

gummo

« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2021, 02:23:16 pm »

yes but like I mentioned you should be able to install any Xbox 360 disc game on the hard drive, BUT I don't think there is a way to install Original Xbox games onto the hard drive.
you can only play Original Xbox games on the Xbox 360 off the disc. but you can save your game save files to the hard drive just not the entire game itself.

again worth mentioning you can't even play an original Xbox games on the Xbox 360 without an internal hard drive. Not quite sure if you can use an external hard drive to play them though.

Interesting , that would be cool if you could save them to an external. I never really used my old 360 for backwards compatibility after a bad experience with BLACK , but I'd try it out now just for fun .