Author Topic: Your Opinions Of The Nintendo GameCube Console  (Read 1550 times)

Re: Your Opinions Of The Nintendo GameCube Console
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2021, 11:26:02 pm »
I discovered out that now a lot of GameCube games suffer a drifty analog stick, a lot of controllers have this problem where the game thinks you're moving to the right and it automatically moves your character to the right even when you are not pressing any buttion.

As someone who's had a GameCube since 2004 and has continuously kept playing it over the years, using both my original controllers and new ones made by third parties in recent years, I have no idea what you are talking about here and this is the first time I've ever heard anyone bring this up about the GC.

The Switch Joycons though, now that's another story.

I've never heard of this, either. Owned a GameCube for years.
He probably confused it with N64.

telly

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2021, 11:26:37 pm »
I discovered out that now a lot of GameCube games suffer a drifty analog stick, a lot of controllers have this problem where the game thinks you're moving to the right and it automatically moves your character to the right even when you are not pressing any buttion.

As someone who's had a GameCube since 2004 and has continuously kept playing it over the years, using both my original controllers and new ones made by third parties in recent years, I have no idea what you are talking about here and this is the first time I've ever heard anyone bring this up about the GC.

The Switch Joycons though, now that's another story.

1st party GameCube controllers will drift if you hold the sticks or L/R buttons in any position other than neutral on starting up a game. The second page of every GameCube game manual will tell you how to fix it. It's the way the controller was made for some reason.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2021, 11:27:56 pm »
PS2>GCN>Xbox

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2021, 12:51:40 am »
I got a GameCube for Christmas whatever year it came out. I was college age so I thought that was a system for kids.  I took it back to Walmart and got an XBox. I don’t regret anything.

Fast forward a few years. I’ve started collecting NES games. So, that taste for Nintendo was renewed. I had graduated college and got a big boy job. I went down and bought a GameCube with Mario Party 7 at Best Buy. I’ve been in love ever since.

It’s the most fun system out of that generation. Those Nintendo exclusives are more fun today than anything else from that day. Too bad the controller is balls.
I never realized the controller was so hated I always favored it myself.

sworddude

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2021, 06:12:49 am »
I got a GameCube for Christmas whatever year it came out. I was college age so I thought that was a system for kids.  I took it back to Walmart and got an XBox. I don’t regret anything.

Fast forward a few years. I’ve started collecting NES games. So, that taste for Nintendo was renewed. I had graduated college and got a big boy job. I went down and bought a GameCube with Mario Party 7 at Best Buy. I’ve been in love ever since.

It’s the most fun system out of that generation. Those Nintendo exclusives are more fun today than anything else from that day. Too bad the controller is balls.

they aren't, usually pretty well loved. hating it is fairly rare it is considered to be one of the best controllers ever made.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2021, 11:26:38 am »
Got to say I'm not too fond of the controller, either. The button placement is weird and the fact that every button is a different size is weird. But it's still light-years better than the N64 controller before it.

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2021, 01:26:58 pm »
I love the comfort and feel of the Nintendo GameCube controller, I just remember reading and having issues with a third party controller, so I got a different controller not to long ago, but I have not tried that one yet.

but back when they were new The GameStop brand GameCube controllers never had issues, it might just be that Pokémon game they drifts I can't remember but I'll be sure not to buy another third party GameCube Controller in the future.

I believe the reason why my other official Nintendo Brand GameCube controller was giving me issues, due to the cord being buckled/exposing coper wire. I don't know but it was annoying
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 01:36:30 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Warmsignal

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2021, 01:35:48 pm »
Never cared for the console much, despite being a big Nintendo fan. It was just a thing that happened. Kind of like how some people feel apathetically about N64, I feel the same about GameCube. Both were relatively unsuccessful consoles by Nintendo standards, and each for their own reasons. But, while I'm a hardcore fanboy of N64, I could never drum up any enthusiasm for GameCube. It wasn't my console of choice back then, so many of the games were more accessible on other platforms during my collecting years, and the Nintendo franchise games always felt like they were my least favorite in most series.

I also never liked the controller. It's made for very small hands, smaller than PlayStation, tiny joysticks and d-pad. It's the kind of controller where I have to actually look at it to see which button is which because the layout isn't intuitive. Nintendo wanted to be different so they abandon the tried and true diamond pattern of "b a y x" they always used, and had become an industry standard by then. Then for good measure throw in just one extra trigger, only the right ride because that would be a wacky and uniquely Nintendo thing to do. Bleh.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2021, 11:40:09 am »

I don't think it's widely hated.  I just don't like it.  It's not you, GameCube Controller.  It's me.