Author Topic: Nintendo Direct 2.17.21 thoughts?  (Read 2544 times)

Re: Nintendo Direct 2.17.21 thoughts?
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2021, 01:58:27 pm »
They just started going up for pre-order.  Already available on GameStop and Best Buy.

Only found the JoyCons on GS, nothing for the MH system or Pro Controller. Of course GS has the JoyCons listed as 'Not Available'. Best Buy has the JoyCons and Pro Controller but with a grayed-out 'Coming Soon' button.  :-\

I'm hoping it'll be like it's recently been where they've had a decent amount available at the get go as that's been the case with the Game & Watch, Fire Emblem Anniversary Box and most recently the Mario Switch system. I'm NOT trying to fight with scalpers over these.  >:(

The Monster Hunter stuff went up at Target earlier.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2021, 01:58:57 pm »
I feel as if this image sums up Nintendo's decisions to re-release older titles for the Switch.

But it's not like Nintendo is the only culprit of HD remasters.

dhaabi

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2021, 02:39:29 pm »
But it's not like Nintendo is the only culprit of HD remasters.

Of course they aren't, nor was I suggesting the idea. Yet, how Nintendo introduces remastered projects and ports is unmatched in terms of added content, general updates, and pricing, which others before me in this thread have also shared the opinion of with examples. That the standard Wii version of ten years was listed with a MSRP of $50 while the Switch version is $60 is a little upsetting. However, Nintendo is only able to get away with it because they know that, for every disgruntled fan who voices concern over the practice, another two eagerly pre-order.