Author Topic: How Many Collectors Only Collect What They Enjoy?  (Read 3321 times)

wartoy

PRO Supporter

Re: How Many Collectors Only Collect What They Enjoy?
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2021, 06:30:52 pm »
I have had regrets about spending to much before years ago I bought a box of about 18 saturn games and a system for 800 dollars
I had the extra money but felt bad about spending that much on video games.Long story short that box had Guardian Heroes, Resident Evil,Die Hard,Panzer Dragoon II plus other rather expensive tittles and Panzer Dragoon Saga so Im definitely over it now.

azure

« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2021, 09:09:56 pm »
It really just turned into a collection for me, when I pick up a game, it is to play. Just happened to amass a lot of games that I like over the years, haha.

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2021, 01:02:41 pm »
*raises hand*

I don’t have the money or the space to buy a bunch of crap games I’m never going to play. I do a lot of research and only buy games I will like.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2021, 01:21:32 pm »
It really just turned into a collection for me, when I pick up a game, it is to play. Just happened to amass a lot of games that I like over the years, haha.

Yep. This for me, as well.

shatterstar69

« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2021, 06:42:59 am »
*raises hand*

I don’t have the money or the space to buy a bunch of crap games I’m never going to play. I do a lot of research and only buy games I will like.

Ditto for me.  I also collect 4K UHDs and Bluray movies, comics, Music CDs and Magic cards so I have to spread my spending out on everything.  I don't ever buy just games so I limit the games to those I will enjoy playing!
Time to make the donuts!

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2021, 09:14:23 pm »
There's been so many times where I've been like "Ok this month I'm gonna focus on only collecting for "X" console" and then went out to a thrift store and saw a copy of 1080 snowboarding for 4 dollars and pulled a Storage Wars "SAW IT, HAD TO HAVE IT" moment. It never fails lol, I always just end up buying things that I see. Which really isn't the worst thing in the world, but makes it hard for me to focus on one specific thing.

« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2021, 06:06:30 am »
another way I pre planned my collection was by buying video game compilations, instead of buying all my games individually. (for example) most of my Atari 2600 games I got on both the Activision Anthology and the Atari Anthology, game discs and I've added most the games in there to my VG collection. A lot of those games I can't add to my VG collection because they are arcade ports but I put Higher value on my compilations then the rest of my games. according to the Database only a few of the members on this site have Atari Anthology and Activision Anthology as well as just about all the collections on one single disc.

Midway Arcade Treasures 1
Midway Arcade Treasures 2
Midway Arcade Treasures 3
Namco Museum 50th Anniversary
Atari Anthology
Activision Anthology
Ultimate Sega Genesis Collection
NES MINI
SNES MINI
Turbo Graphics 16 Mini
PS1 MINI
RED 450 games In one Multi-cart for (not to be used on a real NES)
Intellivision FlashBack
Colecovision Flashback
Taito legends 1
Taito Legends 2
Sonic Mega Collection Plus [IT]
SNK Arcade Classics Vol. 1
Intellisivion Lives!
Capcom Classics Collection 1
Capcom Classic Collection volume 2
Atari Flashback
Excalibur-Ultimate-Plug-Play-Game
Namco Museium  Vol 1
Activsion Classics Collection
Ultimate Board Game Collection: 20 Classics from Around the World
Mega Man Anniversary Collection
Mega Man X: Collection
AtGames Sega Genesis Classic Game Console
JAKKS Pacific Atari 10-in-1 Joystick
Namco JAKKS Pacific 2004 Ms. Pac Man Plug and Play 5 in 1
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 06:12:43 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2021, 03:55:54 pm »
Where I live (Brazil) it's very hard to have a massive collection, there rare opportunities to buy a game in mint condition for a reasonable price, everything is expensive and money is very short, I just manthem this hobby since my childhood for a question of sanity. Then, all my games has a reason to be here in my collection.

« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2021, 10:35:42 pm »
I personally collect only games I think I would enjoy. I know there is such a thing as people collecting all the games for a system, but I don't think that will ever be my thing.