Author Topic: Do You Stand By Gaming Companies When They Remove DLC You Want?  (Read 1439 times)

NO, and it pisses me off, I'll use the sims 2 for example

The biggest and greatest online The Sims 2 PC community of all being Mod The Sims, is extremely against people uploading or downloading anything that the EA and Maxis developers sold in The Sims 2  store before it was shutdown 14-15 years ago. Long story short so you can't find or download 99% of the DLC EA once sold on The Sims 2 online store, the internet as soon as someone does some sims fan (I assume) shuts them down and out.

Only the people who got this stuff while it was still being sold over 14-15 years ago have this stuff, ONLY if they were smart enough to backup that downloadable conten.

and EVERYONE MOST people who are a sims 2 fan like me. Is like uptight and saying how wrong it is to upload or download any of the old DLC and Poor EA.

and most sim fans seem to stand by EA's decision to take away all their paid for and free content and promote, how it is so wrong for anyone to still upload or download, and use any of the content made be EA. that is just wasted work in my opinion. heck (if I could) I would even BUY that stuff if it were still being sold. because back in 2008 I got some of their free stuff but I don't know where my disc is that had that content on it.

I don't see why and how so many of the sims on PC community are ok with this. and how the ONLY content you can even upload to them needs to be built from the ground up it can not be anything that even resembles any EA The Sims Store 2 content,

I only found 1 source that gave out some of the DLC it was called Games For The World site and, I don't even know if that site still exsists
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 05:32:38 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

sworddude

Re: Do You Stand By Gaming Companies When They Remove DLC You Want?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2021, 05:29:23 am »

and EVERYONE who is a sims fan like me Is like uptight and saying how wrong it is to upload this stuff,  and Poor EA.

people feeling sorry for EA in the current era? That's news to me.

Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2021, 05:35:33 am »

and EVERYONE who is a sims fan like me Is like uptight and saying how wrong it is to upload this stuff,  and Poor EA.

people feeling sorry for EA in the current era? That's news to me.

fixed most people, and I don't know why most people seems to be on EA's side in the manner,  but beleve it or not the entire community at mod the sims are for some reason on EA's side I kid you not >:(

NO APPS NEEDED

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2021, 05:57:42 am »
I can't imagine it's all that many fans that support this, especially in the case of EA, a company with a notorious amount of hate against them.  That being said, some people do have a sense of entitlement, where fans will gatekeep things for real dumb reasons.  I also don't "stand by" companies who remove DLC and games, like I understand game companies not supporting old stuff after a certain point, but it's never a good thing when a game goes away.

If you want all that old content, it looks like its maybe all available in the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, maybe there's some content that is not, I don't know, I assume most of it is there, and that's something you can find to download with an easy enough google as I don't know if we are allowed to link to sites like that here.  I'm fully supportive of using alternate means to get something like this when it can no longer be bought through legal methods. 

I actually have the Ultimate Collection in my Origins library, I must've been given it free at one point when EA was giving away games lol
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 05:59:47 am by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2021, 06:30:30 am »
I can't imagine it's all that many fans that support this, especially in the case of EA, a company with a notorious amount of hate against them.  That being said, some people do have a sense of entitlement, where fans will gatekeep things for real dumb reasons.  I also don't "stand by" companies who remove DLC and games, like I understand game companies not supporting old stuff after a certain point, but it's never a good thing when a game goes away.

If you want all that old content, it looks like its maybe all available in the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, maybe there's some content that is not, I don't know, I assume most of it is there, and that's something you can find to download with an easy enough google as I don't know if we are allowed to link to sites like that here.  I'm fully supportive of using alternate means to get something like this when it can no longer be bought through legal methods. 

I actually have the Ultimate Collection in my Origins library, I must've been given it free at one point when EA was giving away games lol

thanks for the information, :)

I was aware of the Complete Collection EA gave out to save their Arses I assume. but I have all the expansion and stuff packs for the sims, it just makes me upset I can no longer download those cars I got for free in 2008 off their storefront. I don't plan on downloading the complete collection anytime soon as long as I have a working disc

NO APPS NEEDED

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2021, 12:20:27 pm »
They have an entire Wiki dedicated to how everyone hates them.

that was a vary interesting article, I never knew EA treated their employees so bad in my life. it makes perfect sense EA only cares about the money. not their fans, or their workers, or even their games or how many companies they destroy. I read something a while back online that Maxis was killed off by EA, and maxis if people can remember were the ones that started The Sims Franchise, in which I think it is EA most profitable franchise today. If it was not for Maxis team, there would probably be no SimCity or The Sims or Sim anything.

All I know is I won't buy The Sims 4 since it's like a demo of the first sims game series, they basically cut out the whole build your own world theme, in fact The Sims 3 was bad enough, the only thing good about the sims 3 was the "Create A world" tool. that let you design your own city from the ground up. but the Sims 2 let you do that without a map editor

I like the sims 3 for a while and while it is a decent game with all expansion packs the sims 4 is nothing like that, even hard core fans say it sucks.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 12:22:49 pm by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2021, 04:32:30 pm »
I don't buy DLC often so if there was ever any available for pretty much any game I wouldn't care. The only time I ever remember being bummed at anything like this was back when Test Drive Unlimited came out and they pulled a bunch of downloadable cars that I really wanted.

NickAwesome

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2021, 02:01:46 am »
I stand with EA.

pzeke

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2021, 06:54:34 am »
I have no qualms with DLC that's meant to enrich the game and therefore is worth the money spent. As a whole, though, I could care less about DLC; I would rather wait until whatever game I'm interested in gets a GOTY release with everything included.

I'd love to live in a world where DLC doesn't exist, but sadly that's just a fantasy.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2021, 09:14:32 am »
I stand with EA.

I will admit I'll buy most of their games, I enjoy most of their games I bought, I love the older Sims series and most of the EA Sports games 99%, the customer support at EA was always nice to me, but I don't like the Origin engine, and I don't like that new SimCity reboot game at all, and the fact they no longer support their retro games. EA has been around since the 1980's like Activision and Atari. There an old game company.

NO APPS NEEDED

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2021, 09:20:27 am »
I have no qualms with DLC that's meant to enrich the game and therefore is worth the money spent. As a whole, though, I could care less about DLC; I would rather wait until whatever game I'm interested in gets a GOTY release with everything included.

I'd love to live in a world where DLC doesn't exist, but sadly that's just a fantasy.

DLC is basically just an an expansion pack, an while it is thankfully optional in most cases I prefer it to be on a Physical copy, and still be able to use it years after a game is no longer supported.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 09:22:29 am by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED