Author Topic: Badges  (Read 1662 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Badges
« on: March 13, 2021, 04:14:50 am »
So did these just stop updating? The last item-related one I have is 900 items. Was really wanting to see that 1,000 items badge. I mean, I am a gamer, arbitrary online achievements matter to me. ;)

Just wondering.

pzeke

Re: Badges
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2021, 06:30:54 am »
You only have 935 games in your collection...939 counting demos.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2021, 06:58:29 am »
You only have 935 games in your collection...939 counting demos.

It's items, not games.

pzeke

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2021, 07:16:57 am »
True, that's what the badge says when you hover your mouse over it, but what's counted toward that badge are the games in your collection. At least that's what I gathered given I reached 2000+ items in my collection and my badge is for 1000. Quite frankly, it makes sense since this website's main goal is to track your video game collection.

Regardless, let's wait for the official word, and if I'm wrong then disregard what I said.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2021, 01:08:35 pm »
I have been meaning to update my digital collection to the site, sounds like it's time.

sworddude

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2021, 01:50:27 pm »
I've noticed the same thing as zeke I only got the 2K medal when i actually had 2000 games listed. if it's not a game it's not counted towards it.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

NickAwesome

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2021, 12:37:42 am »
How do you get badges? I don't have any.

Flashback2012

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2021, 12:57:34 am »
Obligatory...

Or maybe it's...

I thought I recall Jason or Scott were working on some and then got sidetracked by life?

Seems odd. You should at least have the 5K one for games since you show 7K titles owned. I guess at some point the board stop auto-applying them to accounts?  ???

If anyone ever does make new ones, I'd like to see ones for 6K-10K, perhaps all the way up to 20K.  ;)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2021, 12:59:32 am »

Go to the main website outside the forums and click on your profile picture. You'll see your stats, your collection breakdown, and badges.

Flashback2012

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2021, 01:07:09 am »

Go to the main website outside the forums and click on your profile picture. You'll see your stats, your collection breakdown, and badges.

Or you can take a shortcut from the forums and click on the graphic showing his last five items.  ;)

That said, if you do you'll see "This user has no badges." which is unusual since he has almost 7200 games listed. There ought to at least be a 5K badge on there.

NickAwesome

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2021, 01:35:31 am »

Or you can take a shortcut from the forums and click on the graphic showing his last five items.  ;)

That said, if you do you'll see "This user has no badges." which is unusual since he has almost 7200 games listed. There ought to at least be a 5K badge on there.

Yeah that was why I was confused.

aliensstudios

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2021, 12:21:46 pm »
I'm still sad my Android beta user badge never showed up despite using the app a whole lot in the early days.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

tpugmire

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2021, 08:12:08 pm »
It’s been a really long time, but I seem to recall that badges had to be added manually, that may or not still be true. That could explain some of the missing badges. Does anyone else have the 10 year badge?  I just realized that I have it.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com