Author Topic: What Is Your Favorite Video Game Series/Franchises And Why?  (Read 2101 times)

Bluemoon

Re: What Is Your Favorite Video Game Series/Franchises And Why?
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2021, 07:15:04 pm »
Hydro Thunder - quite possibly my favourite series of all time, a great arcade racer that has great track design that makes it's tracks a blast to race on but also feel alive with the scenery. gameplay here is fast and fluid with boosting and collecting boost adding great strategy as well as the incredibly well thought out and well hidden shortcuts that are often necessary to win add a sense of discovery and exploration to the game. the different boats control very differently offering a varied experience for new and veteran players alike

Ridge Racer - Another great arcade racing series with substantially more entries. Ridge Racer is unique for it's incredibly fast and fluid racing massively aided by its almost 'lock on' drift system which makes drifting much faster and easier to pull off than in sim racers and adding to the uniqueness of ridge racer. tracks are well designed and many of the entries are system launch titles that are graphical showcases for their respective system

ferraroso

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2021, 08:48:24 pm »
My favorite series definitely has to be the Metal Gear (Solid) franchise. I've been in love with it since I first played it on a demo disc for the original PlayStation.
However, since we can considered the franchise to be concluded (or rather terminated), I think my favorite ongoing series is Ace Combat. I really like the whole lore of Strangereal and find the gameplay to be the most refined (and yet simple) of any console arcade flight simulators.
Long live the great Yuktobanian Motherland!

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2021, 10:18:27 pm »
Overall my favorite franchise is The Legend of Zelda, followed by Donkey Kong Country, Shenmue and Shin Megami Tensei Series. Mario and Street Fighter always had a place in my heart too. S2 haha

bigmegamanfan98

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2021, 07:07:16 am »
Mega Man - My favorite series of all time. I've played MM2 primarily since I was young, but could never beat it as I kept getting stuck at the dragon boss in the first fortress stage. One day, I was determined to finish it and I did, setting me down a path to complete all the games I could. I love all the subseries, but Classic and X are by far my favorites. MM9 and MMX4 are my favorites here.

Mario - As a kid the first game I remember playing vividly was the SMB3 GBA version, but then I was obsessed with Nintendo and Mario as a whole and began seeking out every possible title in the series at that time. To this date I've played and completed every mainline title even up to the recent Bowser's Fury addon to 3DW. Personal favorites in the series are Mario 3, World, Sunshine, Odyssey, and M&L Superstar Saga.

Early LEGO games - Mainly Lego Star Wars 1/2/TCS, Lego Indiana Jones, and Lego Batman. The formula did get old after a bit but I still consider these memorable classics for me.

Tony Hawk series - Never was a sports guy at all but these games captured my attention all the time and still do. Especially THUG 1 and 2 and American Wasteland.

There's a bunch of others like Metal Gear that I really enjoy but I haven't finished all the main entries yet. I also had a Sonic phase when I was younger that I grew out of.

covfefe2020

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2021, 09:40:16 am »
Lucasarts Lego games, they were what I considered ¨video games¨ for a decent chunk of my life.
The Benevolent and Powerful covfefe2020