Author Topic: Top (50) PlayStation 2 Games With The Worst Graphics And Why  (Read 1834 times)

Top (50) PlayStation 2 Games With The Worst Graphics And Why
« on: March 12, 2021, 12:42:37 am »
As Strange as this topic sounds yes I would like to know 50 or more PS2 games that you think have the worst graphics for being a 6th generation console video game.

The Atari 2600 or Intellivision or other older game compilations don't count (only the games that a native to PS2 hardware only)

1: Ferrari Challenge Trofeo Tirelli

This game is advertised as having outstanding graphics but, they are blurry as hell on my TV to the point it hurts my eyes. Don't buy the PlayStation 2 version, it's graphics look like PlayStation 3 graphics that have been compressed to run onto the PS2 hardware, and it shows! In fact it looks like developers did! this PS2 game came out in 2008 so the PS3 and Xbox 360 was already on the market by the time this game came out.

I wonder if it's because I am running this on A PS2 Phat so maybe that is why. the resolution appears to be lower than 640x480 screen resolution

(edit) I am not alone other people reviewing this game say the same thing, my PS2 is stil working fine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWTaL1ksNQk
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 06:49:18 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

koemo1

PRO Supporter

Re: Top (50) PlayStation 2 Games With The Worst Graphics And Why
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2021, 02:03:17 pm »
2: Daemon Summoner

The graphics are just, not good. I would place them more on par with the Nintendo 64 with perhaps better draw distance :)
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2021, 04:08:05 pm »
3: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=su7s0pgOCaI

This was a rushed PS2 game I believe.  but,  this technically was the EA Sports vary first golf game they made for the PlayStation 2 it was the first one out of 10 golf games published by EA Sports for the PS2, 

MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

dreama1

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2021, 08:42:25 pm »
The games mentioned look like masterpieces.

4. Thunderbirds

sworddude

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2021, 08:21:12 am »
I have to agree with dreama above games actually look pretty good for ps2 well above average even for a few of them.

Thunderbirds is a definitely a gem if where talking bad looks that's quite a find

5: police 911

Police 911 imo definitely has N64 vibes

I don't mind the grapics especially since it's actually a pretty good game but it is below average

While it ain't native to the ps2 the arcade game came out in 2000 wich counts as early ps2. not to mention arcade games at that time especially 3d ones usually looked a hell lot better than their console counter parts. especially the ps2 console usually had to trim down an arcade port to make it work even in ps2 era if where talking about it's 3d fighting games. arcade cabinets had more power, tekken 4 and virtua fighter 4 on ps2 for example the arcade versions where superior eventhough they where released 1 or 2 years earlier.

Besides the iconic time crisis series on ps1 and ps2 also came on the arcades first usually years earlier before they got a console port and those definitely count as some of the more iconic sony games. same situation here I'd say

also another counter point time crisis 2 ps2 in wich the arcade version came out in 1997 and it looks a hell lot better than police 911 wich came out 3 years later in the arcades (2000).

« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 08:34:33 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

ffxik

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2021, 07:59:08 pm »
While not THE worst, Ephemeral Fantasia is pretty rough in more ways than one.

6:  Ephemeral Fantasia