Author Topic: GBA turned 20 years old recently  (Read 3621 times)

wartoy

PRO Supporter

Re: GBA turned 20 years old recently
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2021, 07:11:44 pm »
Best handheld of it's time here are some of my Favorite games

Metroid Fusion
Metroid Zero Mission
Shining force Dark Dragon

covfefe2020

« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2021, 09:19:37 am »
Is zero mission in the same vein as fusion?
The Benevolent and Powerful covfefe2020

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2021, 11:24:07 am »

Yes, and it's excellent!

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2021, 12:49:05 pm »
the original 1989 Gameboy played all it's game in in green and black sprites, the Gameboy color should have been like the Gameboy Advance, and the Gameboy Advance should have been like a more like a handheld version of the Nintendo 64,

IF I had lived to see BOTH a handheld like an SNES AND a Nintendo 64 both on the market, now that would Be even more awesome.

Why didn't Nintendo ever make a handheld version of the Nintendo 64?

The RK2020?

I just looked that up and that looks like just a bootleg product and not a Nintendo product, why Nintendo? why?

(edit) can anyone tell me if there was ANY handheld version of the 5th Console generation? since the PSP was basically a portable 6th generation PS2 held held console
« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 12:52:46 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Flashback2012

« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2021, 01:10:22 pm »
the original 1989 Gameboy played all it's game in in green and black sprites, the Gameboy color should have been like the Gameboy Advance, and the Gameboy Advance should have been like a more like a handheld version of the Nintendo 64,

IF I had lived to see BOTH a handheld like an SNES AND a Nintendo 64 both on the market, now that would Be even more awesome.

The RK2020?

I just looked that up and that looks like just a bootleg product and not a Nintendo product, why Nintendo? why?

(edit) can anyone tell me if there was ANY handheld version of the 5th Console generation? since the PSP was basically a portable 6th generation PS2 held held console

You DID live to see a portable SNES and N64, they were the Gameboy Advance and Nintendo DS. Did you even play these systems?  ???  ::)

Here...

https://vgcollect.com/item/8430

and

https://vgcollect.com/item/156

Both of these games are technically comparable/superior to their SNES/N64 counterparts. Don't know what a RK2020 is but if you're blaming Nintendo for a bootleg product that sounds about par for the course.  :P

« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2021, 01:17:05 pm »
You DID live to see a portable SNES and N64, they were the Gameboy Advance and Nintendo DS. Did you even play these systems?  ???  ::)

Here...

and

Both of these games are technically comparable/superior to their SNES/N64 counterparts. Don't know what a RK2020 is but if you're blaming Nintendo for a bootleg product that sounds about par for the course.  :P

I never even played a DS so yea I didn't know lol. as for the RK2020? I was complaining that is was not a Nintendo product, since I think it is suppose to use Free ROMS
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

sworddude

« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2021, 02:42:10 pm »

The RK2020?

Here...

and

while both do contain more content they are not the superior versions.

The og consoles versions have the better visuals and sound let alone the smoothness

Screen cropping on gba doesn't help and switching characters in mario 64 ds to get certain stars made it a lesser experience.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2021, 03:09:07 pm »

The og consoles versions have the better visuals and sound let alone the smoothness

Screen cropping on gba doesn't help and switching characters in mario 64 ds to get certain stars made it a lesser experience.

Almost like they were technically comparable.

sworddude

« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2021, 03:14:05 pm »

Almost like they were technically comparable.

Was just talking about if they where arguable superior wich is included in that sentence

The RK2020?

Don't forget the starfox 64, majora's mask and ocarina of time being on 3ds or diddy kong racing on ds.

Although majora's mask 3D removing allot of the stuff that made the original good otherwise pretty great
« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 08:13:44 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2021, 08:17:09 pm »

Yes, and it's excellent!
Definitely