Author Topic: May 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 34051 times)

foxhack

Re: May 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #210 on: May 25, 2012, 08:59:26 pm »
Today I got a game about a woman that's made of plastic.

No, not a Barbie game. VIP for the Playstation starring Pamela Anderson. It cost me $1.33 cents. (The other stuff I picked up along with it were the soundtracks to the original Terminator and Freddy Vs Jason. Heh.)

Also of note, I grabbed The Network by Aqua Fox Studio at Desura. It is a kind of shoot-em up game which plays ... quite well. That was one dollar.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 09:01:34 pm by foxhack »

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #211 on: May 26, 2012, 09:54:39 am »
Nothing great (I don't think) - I'm kind of out of my element w/ non-rpg ps1 games.

Anyhow, figured I couldn't go too wrong at 3 for $10.

If anyone knows if any of these are anything decent (or not) - feel free to let me know :)

PS1 Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six

PS1`Final Doom

PS1 Zero Divide (*Long-Box*)

All discs scratch-free and all CIB.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

blipcs76

« Reply #212 on: May 26, 2012, 12:38:28 pm »
A few more pickups today:

PS1 - Dukes of Hazzard II
GBC - Croc 2, Donald Duck Goin Quackers

The nice find today was an Atomic Purple Game Boy Color.

scott

« Reply #213 on: May 26, 2012, 01:21:41 pm »
Swung into GameStop today, for grins and walked out with:

Final Fantasy IV: Complete Collection
Pangya Fantasy Golf
Patapon 3
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 2: Innocent Sin - Mini Soundtrack Bundle

The funny thing is, I was just going there to look for The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks....
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #214 on: May 26, 2012, 01:40:10 pm »
Well, the annoying search is over. I have acquired the final skylander - Wham shell. I had been going to Toys R Us every Thursday morning at open for 5 weeks now. I have been going to Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Target, and Gamestop every chance I get ... none of the places I visited had ever even seen Wham Shell. I got frustrated and decided to look on Ebay. It looked like someone had just posted a $21 BIN price (it couldnt have been there more than 12 minutes at most). Considering all the gas and time it was going to cost me to eventually find him for $10 + tax, I said screw it and bought it. He arrived today. Not a bad character. But the savings in frustration and the hug I got from my son when he saw it was all worth the extra $10.

htimreimer

« Reply #215 on: May 26, 2012, 03:43:37 pm »
Well, the annoying search is over. I have acquired the final skylander - Wham shell. I had been going to Toys R Us every Thursday morning at open for 5 weeks now. I have been going to Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Target, and Gamestop every chance I get ... none of the places I visited had ever even seen Wham Shell. I got frustrated and decided to look on Ebay. It looked like someone had just posted a $21 BIN price (it couldnt have been there more than 12 minutes at most). Considering all the gas and time it was going to cost me to eventually find him for $10 + tax, I said screw it and bought it. He arrived today. Not a bad character. But the savings in frustration and the hug I got from my son when he saw it was all worth the extra $10.
now thats what i call determination

jcalder8

« Reply #216 on: May 26, 2012, 04:27:16 pm »
Congrats!

I need him and Camo and Warnado and then I am done... at least until the Giants come out this Fall

soera

« Reply #217 on: May 26, 2012, 04:39:32 pm »
If I had known someone else needed Camo/Warnado, I would have sent you the link I sent Amariel. Toys R Us had the 3 pack with them 2 and Ignitor for a few days.

As for determination, its a bit of that tied with the obsession of my kid to every day ask me to get him Wham Shell. I really was unwilling to pay the $60-75 apiece the people on Ebay wanted so I would try to find it on the shelf. But it brings back Hot Wheel nightmares and I couldnt keep doing it. Plus its worth it to spend an extra $10 to not have to do anymore searching at all til Giants (which is supposed to release around Sept/Oct).

amauriel

« Reply #218 on: May 27, 2012, 03:31:35 pm »
Wow, Congrats!

I can't pull the eBay trigger on him when I didn't for any of the others. He's still the only one I need as well, but I haven't finished leveling all the others yet so I keep telling myself that it's OK.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

« Reply #219 on: May 27, 2012, 07:58:06 pm »
I went hunting for games this weekend in various places...  I picked up one of those promotional posters from GameStop of Tales of Graces f.  It has a huge 'Available 3/12' bar on the bottom, but it's easy to cut off, so it'll be a nice poster for that game room that I don't have.  xD

I also picked up the first compilation of the Mega Man Archie comics.  I was interested in reading it, and was looking for just the first issue when I saw this, so that worked out.

Finally, I picked up Super Princess Peach (DS).  We weren't sure if we wanted to actually get the game for the going price, and debating whether we could find it complete again, when some mom and her kids walked in and the daughter was saying that she wanted the game really bad... they ended up not getting it, thank goodness, so we grabbed it up after they left.  :p
Now Playing: Final Fantasy V Advance, Mega Man Battle Network, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

soera

« Reply #220 on: May 27, 2012, 08:07:21 pm »
I was hesitant to pull the ebay trigger on Wham shell too. But the price actually wasnt too bad considering its going to save me many hours of headache. And it arrived in 2 days. So it was worth it.

I picked up a NES top loader a couple days ago from Craig's List for $15 ... I figured something would be wrong with it cause the price seemed too good. I got it and once I got home, I figured out wtf was up. It looked like it was just dug up from a 20 year grave. The AV and RF cables were both trash, the controllers were both trash. I was bummed. But I got a 4.5 bit and got it opened. After about an hour of cleaning/washing/alcoholing the hell out of it, its like brand new now! And the good thing is from that large buyout I had a little while back, I had spares of all the cords so it turned out good. :)

blipcs76

« Reply #221 on: May 28, 2012, 08:56:18 am »
I was hesitant to pull the ebay trigger on Wham shell too. But the price actually wasnt too bad considering its going to save me many hours of headache. And it arrived in 2 days. So it was worth it.

I picked up a NES top loader a couple days ago from Craig's List for $15 ... I figured something would be wrong with it cause the price seemed too good. I got it and once I got home, I figured out wtf was up. It looked like it was just dug up from a 20 year grave. The AV and RF cables were both trash, the controllers were both trash. I was bummed. But I got a 4.5 bit and got it opened. After about an hour of cleaning/washing/alcoholing the hell out of it, its like brand new now! And the good thing is from that large buyout I had a little while back, I had spares of all the cords so it turned out good. :)

$15 is an amazing deal on a toploader, even if you had to tear the thing down and clean it extensively.  They normally go for 4-5 times that amount (or more).

soera

« Reply #222 on: May 28, 2012, 10:29:16 am »
Yeah thats why I went ahead and bit on it. The only downside was no dogbone. :(

jcalder8

« Reply #223 on: May 28, 2012, 11:03:58 am »
The originals are better anyway :D

amauriel

« Reply #224 on: May 28, 2012, 12:36:11 pm »

Not all that many years ago (maybe 2 or 3) my mother contacted Nintendo about our old system and controllers. Even though their site says they no longer carry old parts and accessories, at that time they sent her some new controllers...and they were dogbones. Not sure if you want to bother, but it might be worth a shot.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."