Author Topic: Once we get Amiibos for all 6 Smash FP2 characters is Amiibo support done?  (Read 1915 times)

I think we'll probably still see some here and there, but there won't be a ton of them.  It's not like they haven't made any games without amiibo functionality recently (Bowser's Fury leaps immediately to mind), so they are still cognizant of them, but they aren't hyping them up like they were.

I think we'll probably still see some here and there, but there won't be a ton of them.  It's not like they haven't made any games without amiibo functionality recently (Bowser's Fury leaps immediately to mind), so they are still cognizant of them, but they aren't hyping them up like they were.

New Skyward Sword Amiibo provides fast travel ability between the surface an Skyloft.  I think we're going to see a new era of Amiibo with more useful unique features locked behind them.

turf

PRO Supporter

New Skyward Sword Amiibo provides fast travel ability between the surface an Skyloft.  I think we're going to see a new era of Amiibo with more useful unique features locked behind them.

Isn’t that kinda bullshit?  You can’t access a game feature without buying a toy?
I’m not a fan of keeping those things on hand to play a game.

Isn’t that kinda bullshit?  You can’t access a game feature without buying a toy?

Big time.  I think how this one does is gonna determine how much they push this idea in the future.

It's more like they locked away a quality of life improvement in the toy. In the game, you can only fast travel at save points, but the amiibo lets you bypass that restriction, saving a good amount of time and effort. So, it's more like how the Wedding Bowser amiibo will straight up point out where the purple coins are in Mario Odyssey.

That being said, I do agree that it is on the bullshit side, as it could've easily been in the game proper.

sworddude

locking QOL is indeed sad but skyward sword didn't really need fast travel it's also not a huge game in wich it's essential. Fast travel is however not always a good thing has killed some MMorpg's that I used to play making certain passages barren wastelands since people went directly to the locations that they wanted wich meant that making friends along the way was a hell lot harder. In the case of skyward sword your probably going to strategize a hell lot less since you can just teleport back for supplies and than return to the dungeons where you left off I'm not to sure if it's all that great in skyward sword.

QOL is however just QOL it's not a huge deal especially if you liked the og already. QOL is usually just an easier mode or a time save.

Still it's not like they haven't done this before

triple damage with all enemies locked behind a ganondorf amiibo making twilight princess actually a bit challenging different approach to play the game

That's a hell lot more noteworthy than fast travel imo especially considering skyward sword was mighty fine withouth it.

Or even worse locking the hard mode behind a rare amiibo

Metroid samus returns fusion mode in wich you need a metroid amiibo to unlock it  :P

piracy with dollar amiibo cards is however pretty doable so yea never forced to get an amiibo fortunately way to pricy for my blood
« Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 07:33:40 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

pzeke

[...] In the beginning it seemed Nintendo had some semblance of where they were going, but in the end amiibos are just collectible figurines with a chip to unlock stuff - DLC [or QOL or whatever else] behind a paywall.

Wasted potential, all of it.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!