Author Topic: Games you beat the same day you bought them?  (Read 1608 times)

shatterstar69

Games you beat the same day you bought them?
« on: May 08, 2021, 07:16:34 am »
Are there any games you've bought, played and beat the same day?  For me it was Super Mario Bros. 3 and the original Metal Gear Solid.  I just could not stop playing either of those games until I got to the end credits
Time to make the donuts!

Re: Games you beat the same day you bought them?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2021, 10:57:13 am »
I'll be honest and say, no, I can't remember when of if this ever happened to me. I am probably guilty like most people on this site to, buy games and then do other things, I've accumulated a ton of games over the years. and now, I've pretty much stopped getting new physical games, and more consoles. I have a lifetime of games already, I can't see myself buying any more game for a long time or even ever again.

plus the fact that I am not  that good at games and I rather collect then sell.
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2021, 11:34:25 am »
I can't think of a single time that I've experienced this.

The list is very small of games that I had previously beaten, but on a lazy afternoon I finished from beginning to end in one sitting. I recall doing this with Metal Gear Solid 1 and 2 and Max Payne 2.

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2021, 01:08:02 pm »
On the day I bought it - not really?  But that's just because it is rare that I play a game on the day I got it.

But there are a ton that I have beat on the day I started them.

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2021, 01:48:17 pm »
On the day I bought it - not really?  But that's just because it is rare that I play a game on the day I got it.

But there are a ton that I have beat on the day I started them.

Same. Also, if I'm playing a game immediately after buying it, 9 times out of 10, it's going to be one of those games that take 100+ hours to complete. Additionally, I like taking my time in games, exploring everything, and nit just rushing to the credits.

Some games are short enough to complete in single sittings though. I think it took me less time to 100% Megamind for the 360 than it did to watch the movie.

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2021, 03:42:27 pm »
.hack G.U. Vol 1.   

I set, and beat the whole game in 1  seating.... on day of the release..... took me like 20-24hours.  I passed out afterwards. 
The Mind is The Slayer of Reality. --- LoS

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2021, 07:10:50 pm »
Not counting real old games, many of which are easily beatable in a sitting, I know Resident Evil 3 Remake was a pretty short time that I beat in a day, being like a 5 to 6 hour run.

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2021, 11:50:26 am »
A a big fan of SHMUPS, fighting games, and other arcade style games beating a game the same day I bought them is not uncommon or unusual for me.

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2021, 08:51:25 am »
Mirror's Edge.  So excited for that game, got home after school, opened it up, and then beat it like 2 hours later.

kashell

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2021, 09:21:15 am »
The only time this sort of happened was with Soul Blazer on the SNES.

covfefe2020

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2021, 11:11:01 am »
I can´t imagine beating super mario 3 on the NES like that. I played it on GBA with saves and it still took me weeks because of how many times I ragequit.
The Benevolent and Powerful covfefe2020

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2021, 01:04:28 pm »
I can´t imagine beating super mario 3 on the NES like that. I played it on GBA with saves and it still took me weeks because of how many times I ragequit.

I can't either, but it may be because I personally didn't grow up with any Mario game available to me, and I didn't have any friends that would give me a chance to play the game with them long enough to learn how to play those 2D platformers. I mean I played some of Super Mario Bros 1 years after my childhood, in fact just a few years ago,

I didn't rage quit, but I felt like I was in hell at the time, so I just quit and played something else. I made it to about the 2nd or 3rd level "probably in world one" before I ran out of lives and had to start the game over from the beginning.

you get 3 lives and if you are hit or touched 3 times with full powerups by anything that moves you lose a life, AND you need to make it through the ENTIRE game. however there is a way to gain more lives by getting a higher score, but you still need to make it through the entire game without getting killed. AND fight Bowser at the end, in which if I were a child and I lost my last life on bowser I would not be happy.

My favorite games growing up were mostly Shareware version and full version first person shooters on the PC/computer.

In short if I grew up with mario I would have like it better
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 01:06:00 pm by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2021, 01:13:47 pm »
(HERE IS WHAT I'd CALL A CHEAT I FOUND ONLINE ON THE FIRST MARIO BROS FOR THE NES)

internet says.

In Super Mario Brothers on the NES, you can continue where you lost your last life by pressing a+start on the main screen.

NO APPS NEEDED

covfefe2020

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2021, 01:38:01 pm »
After adjusting myself to save scumming while play super Mario bros deluxe, Doom 1, and Half-Life . I have found a lot of trouble going back.
The Benevolent and Powerful covfefe2020

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2021, 01:39:41 pm »
After adjusting myself to save scumming while play super Mario bros deluxe, Doom 1, and Half-Life . I have found a lot of trouble going back.

don't worry I do the same thing when I'm playing a hard game for the first time :)

all the games you have mentioned are vary hard to beat even on the lowest difficulty, in fact when I played doom it took both my skills AND my vary old former friend skills to beat that game, AND it took us many sessions and a hell of a long time.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 01:41:33 pm by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED