Author Topic: A List Of Some Video Games You Think You Are Good At Playing  (Read 1144 times)

There are actually a few games I consider myself at least good at here they are, what's yours's

and your also free to start a discussion about them if yours or mine if you wish

1: Duke Nukem 3D
2: Duke Nukem 1
3: Ultimate Doom
4: Doom II
5 Mostly all "Call Of Duty" games for tv game consoles
6: Tiger Woods PGA Tour Series
7: Halo Series
8: Corvette for original Xbox
9: The Sims Series
10: Roller Coaster Tycoon
11: True Crime Streets Of LA
12: Heretic Shadows Of The Serpent Riders
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: A List Of Some Video Games You Think You Are Good At Playing
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2021, 02:15:03 pm »
I don't have a list  ::) but there's a game or too I think I'm "good" at:

NES Gradius: I can no-miss the game cold. I got suuuuper into it after it dropped on the Switch online. I have to use the turbo fire on my NES Advantage, but I love that game. I've never played for score though, as I usually stop after the first loop. It sounds impressive to no miss 1cc, but with Gradius there's almost no other way to do it. Once you take a hit it's such a struggle to power back up late in the game that it's almost more efficient just to hit the restart!

I can 1cc Blazing Lazers too, but that's not as impressive. I'm not as good at it but I can 1cc Darius Twin also. These two are a bit on the easy/beginner side, but I'm still proud  :P

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2021, 02:53:33 pm »
I used to think I was pretty good at Street Fighter 2, Street Fighter 2: CE, & Street Fighter 2 TE until I started playing against other players.

I tend to do okay playing Skyrim. I rarely ever get killed...of course that might be because I've made use of the in-game exploits such as putting enchantments on my weapons & armor that give me an insane percentage boost.  ;D
Like gloves that allow me to carry 1,210,547% more weight, or a sword that does 2,041,759% in fire damage, or body armor that gives me 3,597,866% more HP. It makes fighting the Ebony Warrior much easier. I used to get slaughtered every time. Once a dragon even got involved & I thought I'll just let the dragon kill him...NOPE! Didn't happen. He killed the dragon & then killed me afterwards.

Double Dragon would have to be my favorite though.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 02:56:33 pm by bigbossman »

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2021, 04:09:50 pm »
Hmmm, good question.
There’s a big difference between what I was good at back when I was younger and what I’m good at now.
The 2 games I would consider myself best at are also my 2 favorite games ever, Q*Bert and TMNT Arcade. I played them both so much I feel like I know them thoroughly.

With Q*Bert, even if I come back to it after not playing it for years I can still fairly easily make it past Level 9. It’s the only game I feel like I could challenge the WR if I put in the time and practice. However, the world record holder also set the record for longest continuous game session at the same time (like 43 hours or something) and I could never do that.

With TMNT (arcade), I can beat it easily on 2 credits (3 lives). My secret shame is that I’ve never 1CC’d it. The farther you get without dying, the harder the game gets until you die, to the point the final bosses become absolute damage sponges. Once I did get to Krang on one credit but the damage he absorbed was insane, and the fight lasted so long I lost concentration and died.

Other games I was pretty good at back in the day but my skills have waned:
Contra (NES)
Axelay (SNES)
Batman (NES)
Gremlins 2 (NES)
Castlevania 3 (NES)
Super Castlevania 4 (SNES)
Castlevania: The Adventure (GB)
Castlevania 2: Belmont’s Revenge (GB)
Ninja Gaiden 2 (NES)
Resident Evil (PS1)
Resident Evil 2 (PS1)
Resident Evil Code Veronica (DC)

I used to think I was pretty good at Street Fighter 2, Street Fighter 2: CE, & Street Fighter 2 TE until I started playing against other players.

I tend to do okay playing Skyrim. I rarely ever get killed...of course that might be because I've made use of the in-game exploits such as putting enchantments on my weapons & armor that give me an insane percentage boost.  ;D
Like gloves that allow me to carry 1,210,547% more weight, or a sword that does 2,041,759% in fire damage, or body armor that gives me 3,597,866% more HP. It makes fighting the Ebony Warrior much easier. I used to get slaughtered every time. Once a dragon even got involved & I thought I'll just let the dragon kill him...NOPE! Didn't happen. He killed the dragon & then killed me afterwards.

Double Dragon would have to be my favorite though.

Just wanted to add, Bossman is one of my favorite wrestlers ever. I loved watching him in the late 80’s/early 90’s. When I started watching WWF regularly, Bossman’s face turn on the Brother Love Show is the first major turn I saw, and I never forgot it.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 04:13:06 pm by undertakerprime »

ferraroso

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2021, 06:54:33 pm »
There's a huge difference between games I enjoy playing and games I'm good at playing...
For example, I used to believe to be pretty good at most of the Street Fighters and at the older SNK fighting games, but now that most of these are available for on-line play, I realized my skills I am absolutely atrocious. Nevertheless, I still enjoy playing them.
Something similar applies for Ace Combat: I'm an ace (pun intended) on the single player campain and completely innofensive on on-line multiplayer.

sworddude

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2021, 09:29:45 pm »

There's a huge difference between games I enjoy playing and games I'm good at playing...
For example, I used to believe to be pretty good at most of the Street Fighters and at the older SNK fighting games, but now that most of these are available for on-line play, I realized my skills I am absolutely atrocious. Nevertheless, I still enjoy playing them.

I wouldn't worry about that to much. playing an actual human opponent requires a different strategy in how you play the game. It's just a different way to play them 2d fighting games. The best ways to deal with hard AI in most 2d fighting games is going to be totally different than tournament play against human opponents. you can seperate single player masters from human vs human experts different skill sets are used.

For example grabbing a hard AI in some fighting games is almost impossible since they do it on reaction as in cheating. A really good human player could lose to a hard ai because allot of the mind games and such won't work. yet most AI really suck while one uses cheap tricks wich against a human opponent is just a bad habit that will be punished. Ai in general are really easy to abuse but but that's a bad playstyle against a pretty good human opponent. Yet the AI shines in cheap reaction times with for example grabs.

If you play them fighting games online enough with other people or local practice you'll get pretty good at them since you know what to do. practice makes perfect you'll get the hang of stuff when you need to.

Online makes for pretty good practice. When I went to local tournament with 2d fighting games that have online play even in earlier tournaments I had pretty high placements. In my very first smash 4 tournament I even reached 2nd place in my first local tournament only to be beaten by a sponsored player.

However with a game like smash bros melee wich previously (it's pretty solid nowadays) had no way to practice online against good people I got creamed hard like a newb in my first tournament, and i used to think I was pretty good at melee because I was winning 3 vs 1 matches against friends. withouth online. tournaments or locals where the only way for practice so it's natural to be bad at it if you don't know what moves are the most efficent to use per characters or the matchups, as a consolation price I did wreck them people at those tournaments in the side games such as mario strikers.

online makes for pretty great practice these days just be sure to use a cable internet connection. wifi is a no go.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 09:43:31 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2021, 11:51:37 am »
I could smoke any of y'all's asses at Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2, preferably on the Dreamcast, but I can make due with any version other than the GBC one.

covfefe2020

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2021, 12:36:47 pm »
When I´m in the zone I like to think Im pretty above average at Smash Bros Melee.
The Benevolent and Powerful covfefe2020

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2021, 01:35:23 pm »
Final Fantasy V. I've defeated Omega and Shinryu in most of my playthroughs, and always play using Four Job Fiesta ruleset (which is harder than normal play).

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2021, 05:17:44 pm »
1. Gotcha Force
2. Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
3. Resident Evil 4
4. Crash Team Racing
5. Einhander
6. R-Type Delta
7. Bloody Roar 3
8. Burnout Revenge
9. Sengoku Basara 3 Utage
10. OutRun2
11. Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2021, 07:56:39 pm »
I completely agree with the other 3 posts about it being much harder to face live human opponents rather than the highest difficulty setting most games have to offer when playing single player. When I first played the mods for the original Doom Series. for PC for the first time I could not keep up with just about any of the other player in the game. After a while I got better and started to play just as good, but at that point people would just get fed up with me and disconnect from the server. I actually didn't use a mouse and became what I believe some people call a keyboard master.

and when I started to win. One hacker told me that he could not figure out how I was able to beat him with just keystrokes but I did. Most people just use BOTH keyboard AND mouse. But for some reason I stuck with the keyboard only and eventually started to kick butt, But my hands really started to hurt after about 4 hours or more playing on some Skulltag, or Zandronum server about 10 years ago from today.

I found out it's much easier to use both keyboard and mouse because otherwise my hands will start to cramp up
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 08:00:08 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2021, 08:39:18 pm »
Super Mario Bros.
I’d take the Pepsi challenge against all comers on that. I’m pretty quick on a CRT.
I’m pretty dang good at Contra too.