Author Topic: June 2021 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased New  (Read 5059 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: June 2021 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased New
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2021, 05:52:15 pm »
NDS
Professor Layton and the Curious Village
Professor Layton and the Unwound Future
Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box

I loved those games. I couldn’t get enough of the little brain teaser puzzles. I couldn’t tell you one thing about the story though.

shfan

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2021, 08:10:34 am »
Used my game store credit on some Switch games:

Hades
Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove
Shantae - Half Genie Hero

Really pleased with all of them, got rid of my Wii U Shovel Knight in favour of the Switch version but had yet to replace it, Shantae is always good, Hades is yet another Switch game they don't seem to have manufactured enough copies of - it's already turning into Ebay fodder, so to pick it up for £30 new (and credit to boot) was a real bargain.

sworddude

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2021, 12:58:42 pm »
Some pretty awesome deals over the past few weeks

Megaman zx advent cib 15$

pretty awesome saturn lot 5$ a pop all cib excellent shape

blast chamber
robotica
bust a move 3
sega ages
whizz
hi octane

random free deals all cib

ps1

saucerman
spot
zero divide

ps2

nightshade promo
emperial fantasia
memory card for animal crossing cube

ds

soul bubbles
flipper creatures
tornado
front mission with registration card

wii scart cable boxed
gba

tang tang
sonic pinball & sonic battle
brovo man turbografx sealed

Snes

rhino controller
super morph

usually not into ex rentals but at flea market dirt cheap prices and them being exclusive usa snes shootemups I'll keep em around maybe I'll find a box someday

Both come with the manual

thunder spirits/thunder force III
imperium

Mario superstar baseball pretty rare in europe 100$ was the final big hitter I really wanted, it was a UKV english box version excellent shape with vip points For the heck of it I rarely see it and it's usually more pricy. the only time I ever got this game for cheap was like 7+ years back also excellent shape decided to sell it to keep things cheap was so cocky considering gamecube deals where everywhere for cheap

Sega 32X box with cardboard inserts and spare parts. 25 euro's loss. Not complaining already had a 32x console with the plastic baggies and paper work so managed to catch myself a really cheap cib 32x console really pleased.

Final fantasy III crystal ds console plus game 30 euro loss sure Ii'll take that excellent shape

random free deals

YS 1 & II chronicles
Elemental master not going to be a part of the collection but finding a boxed copy should be doable manuals are the hardest part after all.

Free snes deal all cib very nice shape very pleased with these additions

Super Mario kart I never get this game in excellent cib shape scored 3 with excellent boxes 1 week such is life why didn't this happen earlier :o
Incantation
Un squadron
Hyper V ball, thought it was some crappy sports game but the hyper cyborg mode with super moves definitely makes it a fun addition. That sure is a generic cover though.
Super widget Didn't expect it but the poster was hidden under the cardridge  ;D
Pocky & rocky No cardridge but a box and manual in pretty nice shape for that cheap I'm excited I'll score a cheap cart it can't be harder than the box I hope  ;D
« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 04:41:15 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2021, 04:34:41 pm »
All physical and complete.

Ace Combat: Joint Assault - PSP
Dragon Quest Heroes II: Futago no Ou to Yogen no Owari - Vita
Fate/Extella Link - Vita
God Eater 2: Rage Burst - Vita
Ikki Tousen: Eloquent Fist - PSP
Just Cause - Xbox 360
Killer Is Dead (Limited Edition) - Xbox 360
Luminous Arc Infinity - Vita
Machi-Ing Maker 3 x Tousouchuu - PSP
N3II: Ninety-Nine Nights - Xbox 360
One Piece: Kaizoku Musou - PS3
One Piece: Kaizoku Musou 2 - PS3
One Piece: Kaizoku Musou 2 - Vita
One Piece: Kaizoku Musou 3 - PS3
Romance of the Three Kingdoms VIII - PS2
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel - Xbox 360
Samurai Dou Portable - PSP
Sengoku Musou 3 Empires - PS3
Shin Gundam Musou - Vita
Shingeki no Kyojin - Vita
Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast - Xbox
Star Wars Starfighter: Special Edition - Xbox
Star Wars: Obi-Wan - Xbox
The Thing - Xbox

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2021, 07:35:17 pm »
Got the full Mega Man Series. I already had the PS2 versions, but these have a few more titles since those were made, and are just more convenient on my Xbox Series X.

-Mega Man Legacy Collection (Xbox One)
-Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 (Xbox One)
-Mega Man X Legacy Collection (Xbox One)
-Mega Man X Legacy Collection 2 (Xbox One)
-Mega Man 11 (Xbox One)

-Dragon Rage (PS2)

« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2021, 11:52:06 pm »
Just had one of the craziest, if not the craziest pickup of my life. Has an interesting story behind it too.

My fiancee's cousin who's in his late 40s has been telling us the better part of 6 or 7 years about how he still has all his old childhood games and game consoles packed away somewhere in his basement. Of course, her and I had to ask what he planned on doing with them. Because he hadn't played them in decades he said that he'd dig them out someday and potentially sell them to us. Years passed and nothing ever came of it, at least not until a few days ago.

He recently just moved into a new house and while moving found all those old games from his childhood, adolescence, and young adulthood. He had told us about the NES and SNES, as well as a few games for each, but never any of the other stuff. So when he started sending pics to my fiancee, I nearly had a heart attack! He wanted to know how much all of it was worth, and not because he was looking to retire off his old games, but rather because he wanted to negotiate a fair deal with us. I priced out everything in his collection (yes, even Snatcher and the other insanely expensive items) and gave him the breakdown of what his collection was worth. He was shocked at how valuable certain games were, and also that his Nintendo stuff wasn't more valuable. He then pretty much told my fiancee and I to "make him an offer." In the end we were both happy; he got a huge wad of cash and I got a screaming deal on this stuff. Just goes to show you that you should probably let everyone you can know that you're a crazy game collector since you never know what they might be holding onto from decades ago.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 11:54:56 pm by bikingjahuty »

sworddude

« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2021, 04:54:27 am »
@bikingjahuty That's a nice stack of sega Stuff great Haul :o

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2021, 06:17:14 pm »
Birthday haul!

-Batman: Vengeance (Xbox)
-Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker (PS1)
-Samurai Warriors 4 (PS4) - And it has an actual manual...a PS4 game with a manual!
-Silver Surfer (NES)
-Super Mario All-Stars (Wii)
-The Walking Dead: The Telltale Definitive Series (Xbox One)

And bikingjahuty...Wow!  :o

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2021, 09:34:46 pm »
Congratulations bikingjahuty nice haul lots of great stuff.

« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2021, 10:58:42 pm »
I don’t collect Saturn but even I know you struck gold there. Nice job!
—Currently Playing—
Ace Attorney 4-5-6 (NS)
Raiden IV x Mikado (NS)

« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2021, 12:31:26 am »
My mind is blown that his cousin was clearly not a casual gamer and had a fairly curated collection going, probably really read gaming mags closely to have picked up some of those titles at the time. No casual gamer just goes and buys Lunar: The Silver Star and Snatcher at Babbage's or wherever at the time of release all willy-nilly, lol.

And yet, he let go of all that stuff like someone who is just able to dig out the box of old systems and video games for the garage sale and happily accept a crisp 20 for it all.. I dunno, it just fascinates me because I could never do that, and the guy was clearly a hardcore gaming nut not unlike most of us here. Then around the Xbox generation, he probably just grew bored and stopped reading the magazines and moved on to other things. Again, all the power to him, and I know you said you gave quite a bit more than a crisp 20 to him for that stuff, still, I could never do what he did if I had that collection!!!!!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 12:35:28 am by chexmixbreath »

theflea

« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2021, 02:15:56 am »
Picked up enough to have a pick ups update.
Gamestop had their 5 $20 games for $50 sale so I had to get as much as I could, also my local used game store got in something I was surprised to see come into the store and I just had to get it and I finally got a LRG bundle I ordered close to a year ago show up in the mail and one of the games goes for over $100.

PS5
- Crazy Chicken Shooter Edition (this in worth owning a PS5 for) lol
- Terminator Resistance

XB1/XBSX
- Remnant: From the Ashes (Best Buy $12)
- Train Sim World 2: Collector's Edition (Gamestop $10)

NSW
- Return of the Obra Dinn
- Return of the Obra Dinn - Collector's Edition
- Sea of Solitude
- To The Moon
- Knights and Bikes
- Oddworld Munch's Oddysee (Gamestop $10)
- G.I.*Joe Operation Blackout (Gamestop $10)
- Riot: Civil Unrest (Gamestop $10)
- Truberbrook (Gamestop $10)
- Agatha Christie: The ABC Murders (Gamestop $10)
- Shawn the Sheep: Home Sheep Home Farmageddon (Gamestop $10)
- Lumo (Gamestop $10)
- Goosebumps the Game (Gamestop $10)
- Table Top Racing (Gamestop $10)

PS4
- Return of the Obra Dinn
- Return of the Obra Dinn - Collector's Edition
- Hell Warders (Best Buy $8)
- Valkyria Chronicles 4 (Best Buy $12)
- Black Clover: Quarter Knights (Gamestop $10)
- Blazeblue: Cross Tag Battle (Gamestop $10)
- Tales of Vesperia (Gamestop $10)
- Trailblazers (Gamestop $10)
- ATV Drift & Tricks (Gamestop $10)

VITA
I ordered this game from LRG as a bundle because the stand alone copy sold out so fast. That was last July.
It finally came today and people want over $100 for this game now.
- Papers, Please

PS2
Saw this game at my local used game store for dirt cheap.
- Women's Volleyball Championship

DC
Ever sense I heard about a prototype was found I was looking for someone who made a well made repro of the game.
- Castlevania Resurrection

PS1
Saw the long case of this and picked it up.
- Battle Arena Toshinden 2

GEN
My local used game store got in a large amount of boxed Genesis games and found two I didn't have.
- Speedball
- Master of Monsters

G&W
Last I was at my local used game store and saw they got in a Game & Watch from the 80s and it was complete.
I was a lot cheaper then online, I had to get it. Its in mint shape.
- Donkey Kong Jr.

"Happy game hunting!!!"

tripredacus

« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2021, 09:11:27 am »
Amvets from within the puzzles & board games.

PC
King's Quest V
Treasure Quest

« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2021, 01:55:52 am »
My mind is blown that his cousin was clearly not a casual gamer and had a fairly curated collection going, probably really read gaming mags closely to have picked up some of those titles at the time. No casual gamer just goes and buys Lunar: The Silver Star and Snatcher at Babbage's or wherever at the time of release all willy-nilly, lol.

And yet, he let go of all that stuff like someone who is just able to dig out the box of old systems and video games for the garage sale and happily accept a crisp 20 for it all.. I dunno, it just fascinates me because I could never do that, and the guy was clearly a hardcore gaming nut not unlike most of us here. Then around the Xbox generation, he probably just grew bored and stopped reading the magazines and moved on to other things. Again, all the power to him, and I know you said you gave quite a bit more than a crisp 20 to him for that stuff, still, I could never do what he did if I had that collection!!!!!

I think his collection reflects his priorities in relation when these games/consoles came out. He has two kids, one just graduated high school and the other is in his early 20s. His PS1 games were probably his last bastion of independence before having them. He probably dove into XBOX as sort of a last ditch effort to relive some of his care free adulthood, but yeah. He has started gaming again, but really only plays stuff here and there. He just finished AC: Valhalla and was talking to me about it when we were conducting the deal.

Keep in mind the period of time he bought this stuff too. Everything was bought when these consoles were the hot new gaming systems so no one was thinking "oh yeah, these Snatcher and Popful Mail games are going to be worth a fortune someday!" They were little niche games that appealed to him at the time, but he had no concept of how rare or collectable they'd be someday, no one really did. And the fact that he has plenty of bargain bin military ops and sports games supports this too. In fact, he was shocked the Nintendo stuff wasn't the most valuable, which is what I often hear people say who have little to no idea about the video game collecting scene. So yeah, he was blissfully unaware his stuff was so valuable all these years until I told him. He simply held onto them as sentimental belongings he bought 20+ years ago, not as a guy collecting rare, expensive games. And I wish this only cost a crisp $20 bill. Multiply that by 130 and there's your grand total on everything. Not cheap, but for half price I'll do that all day.

sworddude

« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2021, 09:28:51 am »

I mean you have seen the sony interview right. Jim Ryan comment on older games than last gen. Believe it or not the Majority is the exact same like this guy.

I have plenty of family members that enjoyed them older computer games and stuff like super mario world back in the day

Nowadays they just look and chuckle at it. They see zero replay value in it and can't understand why people want this. They'd throw that stuff away in a heartbeat for something new.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 09:33:19 am by sworddude »