Author Topic: FMV Games (90's)  (Read 3581 times)

Warmsignal

Re: FMV Games (90's)
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2021, 07:37:19 pm »
Man, I hate them. Terrible acting, dreadful video quality, horrendous sound quality, nebulous "gameplay" where you can't tell when or if you're doing something, and no way to judge how well said "controls" are functioning. It's all for not. I purged them all from my collection long ago with no regrets.

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2021, 11:14:29 pm »
Most of them fall into that so bad they're good category, however I'm generally not a fan of them since virtually every one I've played had terrible gameplay, if it can even be called that. I usually get so fed up with the shit gameplay that I think I've only ever finished one FMV game ever.

thewelshman

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2021, 05:28:54 pm »
I remember my aunt was the only one with a computer in our family in the early-mid 90s. Whenever we would visit she let me get on the computer and play some of the few games they owned. This was golf, that ski game where the bear would eat you, but also this game called MegaRace. That game was so quirky and I never could get past this one level where they cars raced towards you. I think that may have been the first FMV game I ever played. Just saw you can get them all on gog. Might have to relive some nostalgia.

dreama1

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2021, 04:12:54 am »
Lunacy/torico was the best one I've played.

pzeke

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2021, 08:13:06 pm »
What are your feelings on FMV games of the 90's? Did you have any favorites?

No thanks, I value my time. But hey, if you like them, then more power to you.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2021, 10:36:26 am »
(edit) I needed a good kick in the butt with an energy drink so that is why this post was edited so many times over

I remember my aunt was the only one with a computer in our family in the early-mid 90s. Whenever we would visit she let me get on the computer and play some of the few games they owned. This was golf, that ski game where the bear would eat you, but also this game called MegaRace. That game was so quirky and I never could get past this one level where they cars raced towards you. I think that may have been the first FMV game I ever played. Just saw you can get them all on gog. Might have to relive some nostalgia.

those games you are describing are not FMV but. I played "Ski Free" and "MegaRace" and actually enjoyed them also PGA Tour and Links 386, was fun too at the time

in my "windows 3.1 and windows 95 days.

I had access to  one 386 and one Pentium 1 processer kind of PC back then

MEGA RACE FOR NOSTALGIA:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2fMb1Cl72Q

I forgot that clown guy taunts LOL good memories
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 11:04:24 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"