Author Topic: Would You Rather Stream Or Own Your Own Music Movies And Games  (Read 1435 times)

Me? Own all the way :-X

the best thing in life is to own and have something you can buy or is given to you from someone's true heart and soul then to get some thing half ass for free or pay for something similar.  :-X
« Last Edit: July 02, 2021, 01:50:55 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: Would You Rather Stream Or Own Your Own Music Movies And Games
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2021, 02:38:24 pm »
Gee, I wonder the people on the game collecting site are going to say?

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2021, 05:26:19 pm »
I like to have a mix of both. Particularly for things I really like I would like to have a hard copy of it. Everything else I am fine with it being in digital form because honestly I like the convenience and if I had everything ever in physical form then I would need to have a second house just to have stored.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2021, 06:03:51 pm »
I like streaming music as a way to find new bands and hear new albums before I think of buying and it's fairly convenient...

... if you can actually find the damn Album.

Looking at you Grand Magus and your Hammer of the North album

But yeah I mainly use Spotify and there are a few Albums from bands I enjoy that are Missing.

Most of the Tony Martin Era Black Sabbath albums are Missing so is one of my favorites from Prong the Power of the Damager. Also the aforementioned Hammer of the North which FUCK ME I can't find that album any where online Digitally and physical is out of my price range due to shipping costs because of course all physical copies seem to only be located in Europe.

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2021, 06:14:41 pm »
I do both.  For games, I want to own them to some degree for the most part, but I don't see a problem with game streaming, as it's really no different than renting games back in the day.  For music, I'll buy an album if I really love the album, or it's from a favorite band, but otherwise I use Amazon for music streaming most of the time.  Movies is much the same as games as I own mostly the ones I love or are a part of a series, or I just watch them on Netflix or Amazon like I would a normal rental.

pzeke

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2021, 01:16:11 am »
I will choose physical whenever possible, especially for movies and video games I like, otherwise I don't mind going digital for the rest - my friend Jolly Roger always hooks me up.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

Warmsignal

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2021, 11:14:09 am »
For movies, stream. For music, stream and also own if I like it well enough. For games, own.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2021, 01:53:06 am »
Physical, for the most part. But sometimes if a game is just too expensive physically or there's a really good digital sale, I'll go digital. But I usually end up getting the physical version of I like the digital games bought on sale, anyways. And of course I'll get digital games if that's the only way it was released.

I don't think I own any digital movies or music. I've converted my CD collection into digital for use on my phone, does that count?

telly

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2021, 11:24:56 am »
I do like purchasing music physically if it's a band I really love, or if it's a new release and I want to support the artist. Other than that, I mostly stream music digitally.
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2021, 04:58:12 pm »
I prefer to have my movies and music on disc.

Sadly, I've noticed recently (Esp since pandemic started) many bands I like are ONLY releasing their music digitally, or digital/vinyl only. I like my records and all, but I'd prefer to have the CD option as well. I don't do music or movies digitally unless they are dirt cheap. I'll pay full price for physical no problem.