Author Topic: VGC_Analyze - an unofficial analyzer for your VGCollect collection  (Read 1665 times)

Re: VGC_Analyze - an unofficial analyzer for your VGCollect collection
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2021, 03:07:38 am »
Oh, this is neat.  I downloaded it and played with it.  I don't leverage the purchase feature of VGC and just go strictly by the date added, so some of the basic stuff doesn't appeal to me, but good stuff.

I'm a real stickler for filling in the purchase price and date whenever I add a new Item to my collection. Earlier versions of VGC_Analyze didn't even use the date added, only included that later when I figured that most others probably won't be as pedantic as I am. One of my main motivations for the project was having a quick and easy way to figure out my total spending / how much this collecting hobby of mine cost me over the years.

Still glad that it's of some use even for users that don't record those information.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 03:17:01 am by x211321 »

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2021, 09:43:17 am »
Oh, this is neat.  I downloaded it and played with it.  I don't leverage the purchase feature of VGC and just go strictly by the date added, so some of the basic stuff doesn't appeal to me, but good stuff.

I'm a real stickler for filling in the purchase price and date whenever I add a new Item to my collection. Earlier versions of VGC_Analyze didn't even use the date added, only included that later when I figured that most others probably won't be as pedantic as I am. One of my main motivations for the project was having a quick and easy way to figure out my total spending / how much this collecting hobby of mine cost me over the years.

Still glad that it's of some use even for users that don't record those information.
Yeah, I've wanted to do that, but I can never remember when I buy stuff or how much I pay in a lot of instances.  Online purchases obviously I can track, but local purchases (which these days are few and far between) it's difficult to keep track, especially when at some points I was getting like a hundred games in a day and a lot of stuff with no receipts.

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2021, 10:18:15 am »
For many users its just not feasible to track all their purchase info. Even I (with "only" 840 Items in my collection) still have roughly 50 Items of which I have no clue when, where or for how much I've bought them. Many users have collections that are orders of magnitudes larger than mine and have collected for decades.

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2021, 04:25:51 pm »
 Hey guys,

inspired by retromangia’s post I thought about a way to quickly access the collection list on VGCollect at a specific position. I just published a new release of VGC_Analyze, which allows you to directly jump to the corresponding page of your collection list on the website.

Example:

Opens your collection list at:

• To accurately open the correct page, your collection backup must be up to date since the page to open is calculated by the items alphabetical position
  • For this feature to work the application has to know your VGCollect username since the username is part of the URL that is opened
  • To enter your username go to File -> Settings -> VGC
  • This username will now also be preset in the download manager
  • Use the search function (Ctrl+F) to quickly find the item you want to open