Author Topic: Collecting games Based on "Themes" rather than genre or franchise  (Read 2872 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Collecting games Based on "Themes" rather than genre or franchise
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2021, 11:03:58 pm »
Yep, superhero games are my main one. Been leaning towards those since my youth,being a comic book fan since then.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 01:49:08 am by burningdoom »

pzeke

« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2021, 03:38:24 am »
I realized during my playthrough of Catherine: Full Body that I've recently been invested in games with enjoyable café or bar settings and even games where these settings are the central focus of the plot. The musical atmosphere in all the games I've played have been top-notch by really setting a mood. That being said, it's a little odd for me to recently be drawn to these aspects, as I'm not someone who frequents these types of environments throughout my daily life.

I've played through Persona 5 Royal, Catherine: Full Body, and Coffee Talk, so I suppose I may as well keep it up by tackling VA-11 Hall-A, 2064: Read Only Memories, and Afterparty which I've been putting off for some time. What other games have great social settings like these ones?

The only game that comes to mind that I think fits the bill is Red Strings Club, and I only know about it due to having listened to the soundtrack a year or two ago. Not my type of game, but I reckon you might like it.

So yeah, that's how I'm playing it if you wanna keep batting at every piece of low hanging fruit in that someone might throw out there. I'll play catch.

Wait...did you call yourself low hanging fruit?

Anyway, the thing is you're strongly reinforcing my previous post: you're combustible to a fault, and that makes you an easy target, which really doesn't surprise me given how much you tend to whine and gripe. To say I'm here just to "troll" is quite the stretch, but that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. If it makes you feel any better, the only two people I "troll" are you and burningdoof - at some point in time you two stirred the pot, so them's the breaks. Sometimes you post things that are enticing and hard not to poke fun at, and you're just too easily bothered by stuff, so it's amusing when your jimmies get rustled. I would like to say I'm sorry, but I truly aren't.

In all honesty, though, the fact you failed or refuse to grasp the irony here has ruined the fun; however, if you really want to "play catch", then feel free to message me so you can keep professing your love to me, I'm sure everyone would appreciate if you just gave it up. In the meantime, I'll end it here because this really isn't the place anymore; I'm bored and there's no need to derail this thread any further.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

Warmsignal

« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2021, 12:34:14 pm »

So yeah, that's how I'm playing it if you wanna keep batting at every piece of low hanging fruit in that someone might throw out there. I'll play catch.

Wait...did you call yourself low hanging fruit?

Anyway, the thing is you're strongly reinforcing my previous post: you're combustible to a fault, and that makes you an easy target, which really doesn't surprise me given how much you tend to whine and gripe.

Or so you believe. As I alluded, I post absurd little gripes all of the time in the off-topic. And yes, basically serves a little FML blurb. Not to be taken serious. I'm not actually upset, or confused, or asking for help. You either don't get that, or you're doing some 4D trolling to see what kind of response you'll get.

the only two people I "troll" are you and burningdoof - at some point in time you two stirred the pot, so them's the breaks.

Ha. I consider all of your random flaming to be troll attempts, so even within this thread you're were gunning pretty hard at OP. Pretty sure you've trolled everyone at one time or another. Seems you're afraid to own up to your work unless they actually point it out.

But that's all besides the point. We're totally best friends now.

I'm sure everyone would appreciate if you just gave it up.