Author Topic: Zelda Ocarina of Time N64 Sealed Question  (Read 1156 times)

Zelda Ocarina of Time N64 Sealed Question
« on: August 03, 2021, 07:10:26 am »
Hi VGCollect Forum. I am new here and have a question. I have an original, sealed N64 The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time. It's been packed away in a box in my basement for over two decades. Sadly, the box is not in perfect condition. I have pictures, but can't seem to attach.I brought it to a guy in Natick, MA a few years back and he said it was only worth around $50. I didn't sell it at that price. Just curious if that's all it is worth? Appreciate the feedback.

sworddude

Re: Zelda Ocarina of Time N64 Sealed Question
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2021, 08:49:16 am »
Hi VGCollect Forum. I am new here and have a question. I have an original, sealed N64 The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time. It's been packed away in a box in my basement for over two decades. Sadly, the box is not in perfect condition. I have pictures, but can't seem to attach.I brought it to a guy in Natick, MA a few years back and he said it was only worth around $50. I didn't sell it at that price. Just curious if that's all it is worth? Appreciate the feedback.

go to imgur upload your pics there and place the imgur link for forums over here than they'll be visible to all.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2021, 09:35:47 am »
https://imgur.com/a/JKFTkxt

Thanks for the feedback! -steve

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2021, 09:59:27 am »
Yeah, that's worth significantly more than $50.  It's in pretty bad shape for something sealed, but the seal looks legitimate to me.

Condition is a big deal for sealed stuff so I can't tell you what it's worth because honestly it's gonna be down to finding a buyer who will pay for a sealed game that is in poor condition.

That said, there is a player's choice copy sealed in comparably bad shape on ebay and the guy has it listed at $3,500.  Hasn't sold, so I'd say at least it's not worth $3,500.  Recent sold listings for what you have in much better condition are near and over $2,000.  I'd guess in that condition, very vaguely, between $1,000 and 2,000.

That said, things have exploded in value since Covid, so a few years ago, a shop offering you $50 is still pretty low, but businesses pay low to sell high, it is a business... and the condition there does make it a tough sell.  So $50 for that, 5 years ago, would've been a good deal for the business, but they might have only wound up making $50 on that sale in that condition.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 10:02:39 am by ignition365 »

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2021, 10:12:44 am »
Really appreciate the feedback. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wish I had kept it in better condition over the years, but didn’t have the foresight to see the future value potential. I’ll probably throw it up on eBay for $1k and see if there are any takers. Thanks again!

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2021, 10:49:12 am »
Take my opinion with a pound of salt, because it's very likely I don't know shit.

sworddude

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2021, 01:54:23 pm »
I personally think it's worth only a couple 100$ tops. 200 - 300

Condition is definitely a thing but usually price reductions happen with smaller things while it still looks great if where talking factory sealed. I don't think many sealed collectors collect bad condition boxes. This box looks pretty crushed. Allot of factory sealed collectors already complain about super minor things that are perfectly fine for even hardcore collectors.

You can always try at 1000$ it won't hurt who knows maybe it sells. A nice condition factory sealed copy goes for a nice amount I think in this condition it's definitely a severe cut in the value very limited buyer pool that would be willing to pay factory sealed prices with that condition.

With allot of factory sealed games if where talking non crazy values in that condition majority of retro that doesn't fall in the pokemon mario or zelda hype train. It's usually worth less than an excellent condition complete in box used copy. But it's zelda and vintage so I estimate it might sell for a couple hundred tops so you'd still get a premium above an excellent cib copy.

Try for 1000 though you got nothing to lose. you can always lower the price later on

Still what do you guys think about this

a wata graded used ocarina of time in subpar condition going for 700$  :o

manual is even graded a 5.5 why would anyone spend that much on a graded used game It's beyond me. if this is legit any decent condition copy of ocaina of time should be send of to be graded  ::)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224511806416?mkcid=1&mkrid=1346-53482-19255-0&campid=5336510469&customid=G3977_ebayCarousel-control&toolid=10001&nma=true&si=6%252B%252FbWG46Pm9veGGWH2qqh3s1DJQ%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 03:15:19 pm by sworddude »

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2021, 03:25:26 pm »
Sealed collectors are crazy. Just be sure to take very detailed pictures of the damage and describe it thoroughly. If there's even the most insignificant detail they didn't see or you didn't describe they will act like you just scammed them out of a million dollars. Oh no, I haven't had to deal with these people's insanity recently or anything, no...

But jokes aside, it's definitely worth way more than an opened CIB even in its current condition. I'm sure you could at least get double a CIB opened copies value for it.

sworddude

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2021, 06:05:53 pm »
Sealed collectors are crazy. Just be sure to take very detailed pictures of the damage and describe it thoroughly. If there's even the most insignificant detail they didn't see or you didn't describe they will act like you just scammed them out of a million dollars. Oh no, I haven't had to deal with these people's insanity recently or anything, no...

But jokes aside, it's definitely worth way more than an opened CIB even in its current condition. I'm sure you could at least get double a CIB opened copies value for it.

You ain't wrong.