Author Topic: Jurassic Park, Back to The Future or Indiana Jones?  (Read 1031 times)

Jurassic Park, Back to The Future or Indiana Jones?
« on: August 30, 2021, 09:53:12 pm »
Hello Everyone! Which was the greatest spielberg trilogy of all time? I know 2 of these aren't trilogies but let's pretend they ended with the first 3 masterpieces :)  Carnivirous dinosaurs, time traveling and a middle aged guy looking for artifacts. Which holds a more special place in your heart? Powerful scores from John Williams combined with cinematography decades ahead of it's time. These movies all paved the way for the sci fi greats that followed in their footsteps.  Seeing that all 3 stood the test of time in terms of cultural significence.  Which of the 3 do you think had the most consistent franchise?

For me it is Jurassic Park by a slim margain. Something about being a kid seeing 2 angry T rexes fight for their baby on a big screen. The effects were ahead of their time.  The plots were simple to follow compared to the other 2 but also very deep, thought provoking and intelligent. Although post Goldbloom JP is like trying home alone without Culkin. Like trying to have a pizza without cheese. It was honestly the closest ive come in a movie to feeling like i'm missing a childhood friend.   Here are my scores!

JP1 - 98/100
JP2- 99/100
JP3 - 75/100

BTF - 97/100
BTF2- 65/100
BTF3 - 97/100

Thanks for sharing :)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 10:06:25 pm by marvelvscapcom2 »

Re: Jurassic Park, Back to The Future or Indiana Jones?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2021, 12:13:55 am »
Back To The Future

To me the best movies ever made. I love how well the movies fit together and tell one cohesive story and they took the time to make sure that everything fits with the past present and future.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2021, 11:07:47 am »
Back To The Future

To me the best movies ever made. I love how well the movies fit together and tell one cohesive story and they took the time to make sure that everything fits with the past present and future.

This.

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2021, 12:47:31 pm »
Jurassic Park without a doubt. I know people hate on The Lost World and JP3, but I love them both, albeit way less than the first movie. I don't consider Jurassic World to be a part of this franchise even though it technically is.

Second place would Indiana Jones with the exception of Crystal Skull. Raiders and Last Crusade are by far the best although I've always had a soft spot for Temple of Doom.

A fairly distant third is Back to the Future. I don't dislike these movies, quite the opposite actually, but for whatever reason they never had the same impact on me they did for many others. Funny enough my favorite is actually Part 3, followed by 2. I've only ever watched the first movie a few times, but I just never enjoyed it as much as its sequels.

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2021, 02:00:01 pm »
The Indiana Jones movies were my absolute favorites growing up, and still are among the best. I could watch Temple of Doom anytime, there's not a boring scene in the entire movie.

That said though, I think the original Jurassic Park may be the best movie ever made. It did everything perfectly, and seeing it as a kid in theaters was a blast.

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2021, 07:07:37 pm »
Jurassic Park>Indiana Jones>Back to the Future

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2021, 07:44:35 pm »
Jurassic Park is my favourite movie of all time. BUT, if we're judging based on the strength of the trilogy, I'll have to go with Back to the Future.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2021, 08:30:54 pm »
Absolutely Back to the future is #1 for me then Jurassic park #2 very close behind would be Indiana Jones # 3

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2021, 08:55:15 pm »
Back To The Future

This.

Same.  The first is my favorite movie of all time, and I love the sequels as well. The Indy trilogy is a lose second, with Last Crusade in my Top 10.

Jurassic Park is a distant third.  The first movie is an action masterpiece, but 2 and 3 drag it way down.

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2021, 09:01:46 pm »
This is tough. I love them all, and all have a nostalgia factor for different periods in my life. However, If I told these 3 series were going to disappear from existence tomorrow, and I could only watch one before the end....I'd watch Indiana Jones

BTF 2nd, though barely. Jurassic 3rd.

hexen

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2021, 10:44:25 pm »
Also going to have to go with Back to the Future. Indiana Jones is next up, and then Jurassic Park. Not to insult any of them because they are all classic adventure films.
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2021, 07:08:07 pm »
Jurassic Park without a doubt. I know people hate on The Lost World and JP3, but I love them both, albeit way less than the first movie. I don't consider Jurassic World to be a part of this franchise even though it technically is.

Second place would Indiana Jones with the exception of Crystal Skull. Raiders and Last Crusade are by far the best although I've always had a soft spot for Temple of Doom.

A fairly distant third is Back to the Future. I don't dislike these movies, quite the opposite actually, but for whatever reason they never had the same impact on me they did for many others. Funny enough my favorite is actually Part 3, followed by 2. I've only ever watched the first movie a few times, but I just never enjoyed it as much as its sequels.

I actually  prefer lost world over JP1 Hides under table as mob assembles   ;D. lol. But honestly something about that scene with the 2 t rexes and the whole winch thing where they hang on by a will to live. I feel Jeff Goldblooms character Ian got more development in 2 then 1.  Although 1 did have the incessant annoying kids that thought making noise and shining flashlights at a 20 story dinosaur would ensure safety was funny :)  And I do feel the ending of JP1 was better.  JP3 without goldbloom couldn't and never will lure me. It was like if they made a playstation console with a small library of games.  Oh wait... 

Vita walks away as I walk a lonely road by Green Day plays

Does anyone here like camp crustaceuos?

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2021, 07:09:11 pm »
Dwight D. Eisenhower.