Author Topic: Gamescom 2021 Aug 25th - 27th  (Read 1425 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Gamescom 2021 Aug 25th - 27th
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2021, 03:58:08 pm »
We just had E3. Were you guys really expecting anything big that wasn't already announced there?

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2021, 04:17:36 pm »
That show was so good. So much shown off here.

Saints Row is a complete reboot where it's pretty much a new IP. Looking forward to seeing more of that.

COD Vanguard campaign looks amazing.

Halo controller looks like the old Halo 3 360 console.

Splitgate officially launching and already has a new map.

LEGO Star Wars still looks good but STILL a ways off..

DokeV looks amazing!!!! I've known about this game for years now and have been waiting to see more and this looks so great. I wish we also got to see Plan 8 from the same publisher but maybe at The Game Awards.

Vampire Blood Hunt looks nice. Hope it comes to consoles sometime.

They showed a new Jumanji game for Switch during a commercial break.

CrossfireX still looking good but no release date still.

Monster Energy sadly removed from Death Stranding.

I think those were all of my personal highlights!

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2021, 04:39:57 pm »
DokeV looks amazing!!!! I've known about this game for years now and have been waiting to see more and this looks so great. I wish we also got to see Plan 8 from the same publisher but maybe at The Game Awards.

This game gave me such tonal whiplash lol It has this absolutely gorgeous real world visuals, but then you are running around as a super cartoony ten year old and there's a million crazy mechanics going on lol Like I have no idea if I'll check it out, but it feels like a kids game that was given an absolutely massive budget.  At first, I thought it was gonna be like a South Korean Pokemon, which man...If a Pokemon game could look even half as good as this lol...but it's definitely standout in its own way.

telekill

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2021, 05:04:29 pm »
Maybe I'm dead inside but I'm not all that excited for anything that was shown. Ninja Turtles being delayed took the wind out of the sails on that. Still happy to see it happening but hype level has plummeted. I don't know... maybe gaming has just become stale? New IPs rarely do anything for me anymore.

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2021, 06:52:18 pm »
If you missed it GamesRadar had a show and yesterday and today IGN has shown what seems to be 100+ games. The main IGN channel has uploads of their trailers.

Some interesting stuff, I'm still going through and watching them. One that stood out to me was Terror of Hemasaurus which is basically Rampage.

CatDog being in Nickelodeon's Smash clone is cool too.

After watching pretty much every trailer I'm interested in Endlight, The Path of Calydra and Spine. Nine to Five looked good but according to reviews on Steam it's pay to win.

Gungrave GORE has another trailer. Seems like it's gonna be in development forever.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2021, 06:42:06 am by weirdfeline »

mrkonasoni

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2021, 12:06:36 am »
I don't even know what they announced.

I liked eFootball and Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel.
The TMNT game still looks good and I liked the 80s show April is getting relevant again even if after all that design was the widely popular one between fans.

The Nickelodeon Smash clone is still something I am considering buy or pass, I am interesed but not enough for pay full price.
I always have problems learning English, but I still love to talk a lot, I need no reason to be kind, after everything I have gone through I found a little peace.

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2021, 03:11:22 am »
Not sure if this was part of Gamescom or not but this game Project Magnum has received a lot of views of it's trailer on the PlayStation YouTube channel but weirdly enough looking up the game the same trailer was available a month prior with barely any views on other channels.

telekill

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2021, 09:06:24 am »
Not sure if this was part of Gamescom or not but this game Project Magnum has received a lot of views of it's trailer on the PlayStation YouTube channel but weirdly enough looking up the game the same trailer was available a month prior with barely any views on other channels.

Just watched it. Looks like a third person Destiny... which... I think could be good. It's like Destiny mixed with a Soul Calibur setting where the enemies are the robot squid droids from The Matrix series.

Definitely has potential. I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks for the heads up.