Author Topic: What is your dream Marvel video game senario?  (Read 752 times)

What is your dream Marvel video game senario?
« on: September 09, 2021, 08:10:49 pm »
Today's announcement of Wolverine and Spider-Man 2 from Insomniac games during the PlayStation showcase was great. Wolverine is my favorite superhero so to see him get a big budget video game is awesome from the makers of Spider-Man and Miles Morales Insomniac Games no less, and speaking of the web head Spider-Man was one of the best PS4 games as was Miles so seeing a sequel is awesome as well. Venom looks sick as hell. Square-Enix also showed off another trailer for their Guardians of The Galaxy game.

We got Spider-Man and Wolverine from Sony/Insomniac, with Sony also doing the Iron Man VR thing. Avengers and Guardians Of The Galaxy from Square-Enix, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 from Nintendo/Team Ninja, and that Midnight Suns thing from 2K.

That got me thinking what's a dream pairing between a Marvel character/series and a game developer that you would love to see become a reality. Since the shut down of Disney Interactive a few years ago it seems like Disney has been no stranger to licensing out their IPs to various developers across the industry for both first and third party offerings. So with that in mind what developer would you like to see be able to tackle a Marvel Comics superhero and who should it be?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 08:15:01 pm by martymcfly »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: What is your dream Marvel video game senario?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2021, 08:24:34 pm »
An open-world RPG set in the Marvel Universe. Something like Skyrim but Marvel. You could have a number of preset characters to choose or make your own. They could make so many cool quests from comic storylines. The main storyline could be some epic story like Infinity Gauntlet or Secret War. They could even do spin-off expansion worlds like Age of Apocalypse or 2099 (like how Shivering Isles was to Oblivion).

And of course I'd like to see Bethesda make it.

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2021, 08:25:59 pm »
An open-world RPG set in the Marvel Universe. Something like Skyrim but Marvel. You could have a number of preset characters to choose or make your own. They could make so many cool quests from comic storylines. The main storyline could be some epic story like Infinity Gauntlet or Secret War. They could even do spin-off expansion worlds like Age of Apocalypse or 2099 (like how Shivering Isles was to Oblivion).

And of course I'd like to see Bethesda make it.

That'd be amazing  :)

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2021, 09:09:19 pm »
I would love a turn based rpg similar to final fantasy but with the avengers :)  I feel Marvel Ultimate Alliance tried slightly a similar style of marvel characters teaming up and that type of RPG element but didn't take it far enough.  Imagine switching out party members and leveling up spiderman to whoop thanos and having your favorites?  I'd love that. 

I wouldn't be apposed to hulk getting another game of his own in the current gen either. I think of all the characters he'd fair well on VR. 

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2021, 09:11:37 pm »
My dream game is essentially what Insomniac is already doing, but to have them do it with like X-Men or Avengers.  I think they've perfectly nailed the gameplay and visuals aspect, so to see them do it with a varied team of heroes or even villains would be incredible.  Basically take the good stuff from the recent Avengers game,  the hub setup where you travel to different locations for missions, but it's built around a regular singleplayer/co-op experience and not a GaaS setup.

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2021, 11:20:44 am »
Marvel vs Capcom vs SNK done in 2D sprites like MvC2.

telekill

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2021, 11:40:10 am »
I'm not a fan of Marvel or DC. I'd much rather see a dark and gritty Ninja Turtles with realistic graphics with a great storyline. Here's what I'd want from it:

- Single player main campaign with optional online co-op.
 - Different parts of the story revealed depending on which Turtle you play as.
 - Dump the kiddy feel. Some humor from Mikey would be a given, but make it dark humor.
 - Take inspiration from the comics with violence. Have them use their weapons.
 - Have the guys look like the original the 1990 movie versions.
 - Have unlockable skins from the different versions.
 - Have the ability to go to an arcade and play the original arcade game with friends.
 - Use the history of the Turtles as unlockables via comics, original artwork, historical videos, interviews, etc. Make it a celebration of the franchise.

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2021, 01:39:44 pm »
I'm not a fan of Marvel or DC. I'd much rather see a dark and gritty Ninja Turtles with realistic graphics with a great storyline. Here's what I'd want from it:

- Single player main campaign with optional online co-op.
 - Different parts of the story revealed depending on which Turtle you play as.
 - Dump the kiddy feel. Some humor from Mikey would be a given, but make it dark humor.
 - Take inspiration from the comics with violence. Have them use their weapons.
 - Have the guys look like the original the 1990 movie versions.
 - Have unlockable skins from the different versions.
 - Have the ability to go to an arcade and play the original arcade game with friends.
 - Use the history of the Turtles as unlockables via comics, original artwork, historical videos, interviews, etc. Make it a celebration of the franchise.

That'd be dope as hell. However seeing as the Turtles are owned by Nickelodeon now I can't imagine they'd want to do something like that as they probably want to keep the series 'kid friendly'. I'd buy it though.

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2021, 06:17:26 pm »
I want a follow-up to the X-Men arcade beat em up :D

Instead of the Pryde of the X-Men designs from the original, use the 90’s X-Men toon designs. More stages, more characters to choose from (add Beast, Gambit, Jean Grey, Rogue, etc), more bosses (add some heavy hitters from the toon like Apocalypse, Proteus, Sabretooth, Mojo, Master Mold)
It would be awesome if Rogue could temporarily absorb enemies’ abilities.
Add unlockable playable characters like Bishop, Cable, Iceman, Longshot…
That would be super awesome.