Author Topic: Britney Or Christina? The Pop Rivalry That Defined Our Childhood  (Read 1103 times)

Hello everyone! :) 

Today we duke it out between two blonde pop sensations who dominated over 3 decades of music entertainment, Each with their own sound, creative songs, catchy anthems and controversies alike. 

As a child or teen I never was much for commercialized sugar muffin bubble gum yum yum sensationalized pop, sounded all the same to me but as I mature my tastes mature, I finally begin to appreciate the nostalgia and simplicity of the catchiness of some of these songs. It wasn't always about talent or instruments, it was about fun and ease to sing along with.  Both of these artists paved the way for the Ariana Grandes to come :D  Now I know many of you may not rock out with your socks out to some Britt Britt.  But even the metal heads can play along.  Which songs hit your ear better.  Who do you like better as a person?

I feel Britney while not as capable of a singer, not as vocally talented had a way more memorable career in terms of not only diversity in the song style, nostalgic hits but also these huge industry moments. Hit me baby one more time is just one of the best pop songs of all time  It changed music forever and their are still songs today that copy the Britney recipe.  Christina had 3 hits I loved.  2 old and one new.

I played this card rank type of deal that I made myself.  But you can play along if you want.  Thank you sharing.

Now that the scent is off the trail.  The flamingo knows when you laughed at it.  One time it asked great philosphers of our time in flamingo speak, this type of pondary of why is it when you tell a man that their is 290 trillion stars he will believe you but if you tell him the paint is wet he will touch it to be sure, why do we? Did the man who invented college go to college? Did the man who invented the wheel drive? Silver Surfer is just Mr. Clean with silver body paint. The MGM lion made your childhood happy but their was someone yanking his tail.  The beggining and end.  But in reality.  We look for the answers when we never really had the questions.  The question is who is better Britney or Christina.  The question is who is better.  You or whatever inside you controls what you will type in response this. 
« Last Edit: September 05, 2021, 11:21:33 pm by marvelvscapcom2 »

Re: Britney Or Christina? The Pop Rivalry That Defined Our Childhood
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2021, 11:26:31 pm »
This is literally what this site has been reduced to....

Mods, just nuke it all already....

Oh and Brittney for being way more entertaining back in her prime and also her subsequent meltdown that started in the late 2000s.

Flashback2012

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2021, 12:10:20 am »
This is literally what this site has been reduced to....

Mods, just nuke it all already....

Oh and Brittney for being way more entertaining back in her prime and also her subsequent meltdown that started in the late 2000s.

The sabbatical has ended and Marv's back with his drug-induced, nonsensical bantering posts. In Marv's defense, I'd like to congratulate Drugs for winning the War on Drugs.  :P

Being a tad bit older, my Pop Culture Rivalry growing up was between Michael Jackson and Prince. I prefer MJ's more pop-sounding stuff to Prince's music but over time I've learned to appreciate both artists for differing reasons. Of course, I'm a Bee-Gee's fan so I don't know if that invalidates my taste in music or not.  :o

leonefamily

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2021, 12:04:46 pm »
[...] Of course, I'm a Bee-Gee's fan so I don't know if that invalidates my taste in music or not.  :o

Night Fever is Stayin' Alive's cooler brother. Fight me 8) ;D
Freeze iou imperialist pig! Zat is ze propertay of ze Gouvernement Français. Hand eet over!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2021, 01:14:59 pm »
I'll take both please ;D

Definitely high school crushes for me, both of them. But I feel Christina Aguilara has aged better of the two (not saying Britney is ugly now, though, don't get me wrong).

As far as music goes, never been a big fan of 90s/2000s pop music.

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2021, 11:41:46 pm »
I was always more partial to Paula Abdul. She was quite the hottie back then & could easily dance circles around Britney Spears of Christina Aguilera. I especially liked seeing her in the Diet Coke commercials during the early 90's.