Author Topic: Remasters and Ports - A Good Thing?  (Read 1476 times)

Re: Remasters and Ports - A Good Thing?
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2021, 05:16:30 pm »
Agree with most here, I enjoy remasters, but lazt  ports are broken remasters are another story. One of the GTA games (PS3 I believe) was a port of the mobile version as well, and it was terrible to try and play (But the 260 version was a por of the console version, which is weird)

shatterstar69

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2021, 08:21:33 am »
I usually don't mind Remasters or Ports because it is usually a game or game series that was popular and/or sold well in the past.  I don't see anyone
clamoring to get a Remaster of Shaq Fu, Superman 64 or Duke Nukem Forever.
Time to make the donuts!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2021, 11:04:01 am »
I usually don't mind Remasters or Ports because it is usually a game or game series that was popular and/or sold well in the past.  I don't see anyone
clamoring to get a Remaster of Shaq Fu, Superman 64 or Duke Nukem Forever.

I present to you Shaq-Fu Reborn:

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/nintendo-switch/products/shaq-fu-a-legend-reborn/10159154.html?bt=true&recom=both&utm_expid=.cxvp7jeuRNKc9QoJTI6kMQ.1&bvstate=pg%3A2%2Fct%3Ar&gclsrc=aw.ds&gclid=CjwKCAjwkvWKBhB4EiwA-GHjFiht4pvqrTVIpRbiGG2kPKAUWHexZAGy-al1nDt7EVjKfAHY9csk2xoCOYkQAvD_BwE

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2021, 11:55:22 am »
That's a new game in the series, though, not a remake.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2021, 03:02:28 pm »
That's a new game in the series, though, not a remake.

Oh. I thought it was a remake. I just remember the announcement, I never played it.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2021, 08:59:26 pm »
I don't mind them especially really good games I enjoyed a lot. Allen Wake for instance now a new generation can experience it and I can enjoy it all over again.

ferraroso

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2021, 06:37:27 am »
Well, most of my PS4 collection is constituted of remakes, remasters and ports, so I'd say YES. They are a very good thing for me.
I still have both my PS2 and PS3 hooked up to a huge CRT and a nice LED TV respectively, but nowadays, due to the overall comfort and ease of use the PS4 offers, I prefer play Crash Bandicoot 3, Shadow of the Colossus or Uncharted 2 on it than on any of those other older consoles...