Author Topic: Metroid Dread - [Thread]  (Read 610 times)

mrkonasoni

Metroid Dread - [Thread]
« on: October 06, 2021, 02:06:43 am »
I am not feeling I need to explain the behind scenes for Metroid Dread development but the quick summary is that it was originally a Metroid game for MDS that was canned twice because Nintendo weren't happy with the results.

This thread is for talk about everything you want to talk about the game.

About my personal expectations or hopes for the game...
I don't tend to buy physical games day one but this time I want to make the exception just because it feels unreal that Nintendo actually revived a 13+ years old cancelled game, and pretty much that's it, the game looks good so far and I always had a thing for games with invincible enemies that you need to outrun if you want to survive.

I certainly hope the soundtrack will make a good job feeling well, a feeling of "Dread".

I always have problems learning English, but I still love to talk a lot, I need no reason to be kind, after everything I have gone through I found a little peace.

Re: Metroid Dread - [Thread]
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2021, 06:56:34 am »
Hi,

I am like you here. This game brings back memories from Super Metroid. I will buy it day one  :D

aliensstudios

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2021, 06:53:06 pm »
I've got it preordered. The last "big" game I played was Psychonauts 2, and I'm not really sure Metroid Dread will give me that fix of dopamine  like Psychonauts 2 did, but I am generally looking forward to it, I'm sure it'll be a fairly conservative game but still fun. How can you possibly screw up 2D Metroid?
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

mrkonasoni

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2021, 12:31:40 pm »
- Answering to @aldormanndiobla

I hope you enjoy the game so much.
I always have problems learning English, but I still love to talk a lot, I need no reason to be kind, after everything I have gone through I found a little peace.