Author Topic: The Roller Coaster Tycoon Series Topic (A PC Game)  (Read 1091 times)

The Roller Coaster Tycoon Series Topic (A PC Game)
« on: October 06, 2021, 07:37:32 am »
I first got Roller Coaster Tycoon as an Easter Sunday present from my grandmother in 1999 it had just came out on the market for $50USD, I spent countless hours playing this fantastic sandbox game on the windows PC. You build your own amusement park from the ground up in most scenarios, you need to complete objectives to unlock new parks and other missions where you raise and run an amusement park, build roller coasters, and rides as well as set prices for them, hire staff and basically have your vary own park the way you want it.

This game is a lot like The Sims in that it was once a top selling PC game in fact one of the best of all time sellers. This game is also a go at your own pace type of video game and I love go at your own pace games, that don't require fast reflexes or precise timing also.

In Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 you can even build your own scenario to challenge yourself or others. However in order for this game to run on a modern windows operating system, you will need to first have RC2 2 installed and then download this program

"Open RCT2"
https://openrct2.org/downloads

To obtain a digital copy of this game you can also goto this

"For Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 download with all expansion packs"
https://store.steampowered.com/app/285330/RollerCoaster_Tycoon_2_Triple_Thrill_Pack/

"Also for the first game you can download this"
https://store.steampowered.com/app/285310/RollerCoaster_Tycoon_Deluxe/

Did you ever play any Roller Coaster Tycoon game before? If so, what is your experence with this great top selling video game. Do you have any intention of buying this game for yourself or someone else. It will run on just about any modern PC with the program in the first link installed on Windows 10 for example.

I think there are 4 games in total maybe 5? What is your opinion of this great selling series and did your ever play it before?

« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 07:41:27 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: The Roller Coaster Tycoon Series Topic (A PC Game)
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2021, 02:06:18 pm »
I remember when I was about 8, I played my first roller coaster tycoon game that I got free from a cereal box! It was the 2nd game I believe and I spent hours and hours trying to complete all the free trial parks. I was so addicted to this game at the time that it lead me to buy other similar games like Zoo Tycoon which I also enjoyed.

It was a welcome sight to eventually see the entire series on steam and it's pretty cheap, even more so on sale. I bought the entire series again and I can say that it's just one of those games that are timeless. Spent a good couple days getting lost in the nostalgia again.

aliensstudios

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2021, 06:47:17 pm »
My older brothers got a copy from a friend and I played the hell out of it. I haven't played it since like 2002 or 2003 and this topic made me nostalgic for it  ::)

To ebay we go!

P.S.: In real life I don't even like roller coasters.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 06:49:20 pm by aliensstudios »
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2021, 10:09:51 pm »
I loved the first one when I was a kid. I played it again about 5 years ago and it's still just as fun.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 12:57:34 am by bikingjahuty »

monkeyjam

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2021, 09:38:42 am »
Played a lot the second one when i was young and i also had the game from a cereal box. The amount of possibilities to build the park was incredible. The staff management was also very cool and inovative. Definitly in my top 10 PC games at that time.
Collecting Xbox OG, Playstation 1 and 4, Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis.

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2021, 06:35:44 pm »
Has anyone ever played Roller Coaster Tycoon 3? I so far never gotten into that one since it's a lot different from 1 and 2 because it uses a 3D engine, but at least you can ride the rides like Sim Theme Park though :-\

That game relly don't have too much going for it in terms of it's campaign mode. but I plan to buy the third and it's expansions from steam in a few weeks. I've played it before but don't know where my discs are at the moment,

RCT3 really goes into more customization than 1 and 2 for example you can adjust how much ketchup and pickles goes on a single hamburger, also you can set different prices for different burgers, you can make a Burger bar into a Burger King in real life by making a whopper or stripping the ingredients completely,

Foods are completely customizable in Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 in one of the expansions you can even make a zoo or a water park in the water park expansion of roller coaster tycoon 3.

You can even deisde how much salt goes on a single sale of fries on any food stall in RCT 3 it's interesting to say the least but I have no nostolgia for the 3rd game and How abour Roller Coaster Tycoon World in which was the 4th game in the series anyone play that one, I have not yet.

Does anyone ever play Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 yet beside me?

(edti) steam won't let you purchase this game now  :(
« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 06:44:14 pm by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2021, 06:48:40 pm »
I'm literally looking at the "Add to Cart" button right now.

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2021, 08:54:58 pm »
Yea I just bought the Complete edition so I was wrong ::)

I was previously looking at the Platinum in which is was having royalty issues
« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 08:57:45 pm by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED