Author Topic: Morning all, quick question.  (Read 441 times)

Morning all, quick question.
« on: October 25, 2021, 01:44:06 pm »
I just want to do this right.

I have been looking for a website/APP I like to organize the games I have (I really do like the layout and the information present in this one).  So I am planning to use this one to enter everything (I have so much stuff everywhere its at a point where I don't know what I have half the time). 

But I am also looking to sell at least one of my "collections" - I am in no way a collector, beyond just buying way to many video games for a long time.  I have a read the rules about joining just to sell, and I want to do this correct.  I won't be doing much of anything until I start entering everything in (Vita, PS, PS2, PS3, PS4, GC, Wii, WiiU, Xbox, 3DS, etc).  Is it against the rules when I enter the collection, to also add them to a selling collection list?

Thanks

monkeyjam

Re: Morning all, quick question.
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2021, 02:16:49 pm »
Hi,

For my part, on my cellphone, i'm using Gameye (Free) and CLZ Games (Paying). My favorite is CLZ because you can add your own games if they are not in the database.

I'm also using Bear, a basic note app, simple but useful.

Hope it helps.

Collecting Xbox OG, Playstation 1 and 4, Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis.

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2021, 03:15:34 pm »
I just want to do this right.

I have been looking for a website/APP I like to organize the games I have (I really do like the layout and the information present in this one).  So I am planning to use this one to enter everything (I have so much stuff everywhere its at a point where I don't know what I have half the time). 

But I am also looking to sell at least one of my "collections" - I am in no way a collector, beyond just buying way to many video games for a long time.  I have a read the rules about joining just to sell, and I want to do this correct.  I won't be doing much of anything until I start entering everything in (Vita, PS, PS2, PS3, PS4, GC, Wii, WiiU, Xbox, 3DS, etc).  Is it against the rules when I enter the collection, to also add them to a selling collection list?

Thanks
Selling list is open to everyone, leverage it as you will, just know that it's pretty uncommon for folks to buy that way as it's not the most visible.  The rule about selling really is specific to the marketplace section of the forum.

That said, once you have everything entered in your collection, if you decide you want to make a sale post over in the marketplace board, just make sure to follow the rules of providing pictures, screennamed picture, etc... and if it's a lot of stuff, just be prepared to provide pictures for specific stuff if asked.

It's a sort of murky thing, but if you're using the site as intended you're free to sell stuff, it's just the issue of folks who sign up to sell stuff and don't have any interest in using the database or being involved in the community.

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2021, 03:37:30 pm »
Perfect, I like the database.  Its more complete than some of the others I have seen and I like how it lists the contents for special editions and such (normally not an issue, since I generally put the boxes away after getting out the disc/cart, but I like the double check).

Only all of my Vita stuff is what I will be looking to sell anyways, the rest of what I enter is going to be for tracking what I do have to begin with.  For now I will just add to the "selling list" and make a post for those when I am ready.

Thanks for the help.