Author Topic: Post Your Favorite Head To Head Mode Fighting Game And Why.  (Read 436 times)

Post Your Favorite Head To Head Mode Fighting Game And Why.
« on: October 26, 2021, 04:50:24 am »
Mortal Kombat 4 on the PlayStation 1, this is the only MK game I've can call myself a master at, since it is the 1st Mortal Kombat game I've ever played with spot on responsive controls, MK1 MK2 and MK3 especaiy Mortal Kombat II the controls are not responsive, since the CPU gets to be faster then your character for some odd reason, all versions I've played of Mortal Kombat II and Mortal Kombat III are the same. Maybe it's that partucular arcade port? because after all this is an arcade cabinet right?

Midway fighting games even Bio Freaks for the Nintendo 64 has non responsive controls, so maybe it's a Midway thing?  to limit the player, with the CPU having the main edge to hit you in a combo faster then you can put off your own character animation, it's all the same. I can hit punch 4 times in MK2 and MK3 and only pull off 3 and a half punches,

but in mortal kombat 4 I can pull off exactly 4 punches in 4 button presses, and plus a violent super punch for pressing it 5 times in a row, but not any those older midway fighting games it seems.

In MK4 that is not the case, you have spot on controls per animation, therefore your button presses react spot on to your animation instead of getting stalled for 100 milliseconds like in MK II and MK III

MK4 is the best old school Mortal Kombat game for as far back as the 5th generation, from mK4 the mortal Kombat franchise has only improved since then in my own opinion

MK 4 is also the vary first Mortal Kombat game with a practice feature and where you can learn all the moves and don't need a gamer magazine or the internet to know what buttion combos do what on each and every character. Out of all fighting games I ever played in my life Mortal Kombat 4 is my favorites how about you.

Street fighter 2 can get kind of boring in my own opinion after you master it but MK4 keeps me coming back for more bloody action.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 05:00:27 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

telekill

Re: Post Your Favorite Head To Head Mode Fighting Game And Why.
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2021, 08:49:44 am »
I'm not a very big fighting game fan but have enjoyed the following:

Mortal Kombat series
Killer Instinct 1 & 2
Soul Calibur 1, 2
Dead or Alive 2, 5

There may be a couple I missed but for the most part, it's the 16bit days fighting games I enjoyed the most. MK2 was incredible though laggy as you pointed out. You had to really learn to play around it. My favorite...? Probably Killer Instinct 2. I used to be good enough at the arcade game that I could beat it with Saberwolf on a single quarter. The combos I could pull off were insane. The skills are all but forgotten now as I haven't played it in probably 20 years. I'd love for the newer Killer Instinct games to come to PS5 or Switch, but obviously as Microsoft owns, it, that won't happen.