Author Topic: What's your focus area?  (Read 7634 times)

kashell

Re: What's your focus area?
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2020, 11:27:17 am »
My PlayStation consoles for sure; I have the most games for them and keep getting to this day. I'm interested in other consoles, but the list of games I want for them don't go over 30, so collecting for them will have a speedy conclusion.

All this talk of Focus makes me think of FFXIII.

But, my area is still the same as always: I buy what looks interesting or fun.

I've yet to play XIII, but I'm guessing you meant XII.

Nope. XIII.

https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Focus_(Fabula_Nova_Crystallis)

NickAwesome

PRO Supporter

« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2020, 11:28:01 pm »
I started collecting PS1 and PS2 exclusively as a kid.  Now that I've pretty much completed the ps1 library and gotten everything I could want for Ps2- I've shifted my focus to Saturn, Genesis, Sega CD, 3DO and Jaguar.  I only collect CIB or at least CB for most systems- I make exceptions for snes and nes due to price, but I still have about 120 boxed nes games and 50 boxed snes games.  I collect for most of the major systems but I've whittled down my wishlist quite a bit over the years.  I love discovering new titles I've never heard of.  At some point, I'd like to get a Turbo Duo and explore the TG16 CD library, and maybe pick up a recapped Sega Game Gear and Atari Lynx, but I'm pretty satisfied with where my collection is at. 

shatterstar69

« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2020, 05:35:17 am »
I don’t know that I have a focus on one system over another that I own.  I have a small apartment though which limits how much I can collect.  I basically have capped consoles at 100 games and handhelds at 50 and I try to focus on games I enjoy (that are also high quality).  Also, some games are out of my price range unfortunately
Time to make the donuts!

shfan

« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2020, 01:40:42 pm »
My focus is current-gen, there's plenty of obscure and quirky titles to chase, as well as noughties/nineties PC CD-ROMs (available for a song).

I'm pretty much done with 360/PS3/Wii, only a few stragglers left for those (like I lost my copy of Shadow of the Damned). The PS2 era is similar, probably a few more PS2 games (but they're increasingly getting the very hard to get titles which never appear in CEX) and if the chance arose things like Fire Emblem for the GC. Apart from that, any interesting looking PS1 games would be a bonus. Older systems are no longer of much interest in terms of acquiring them, if I ever get the chance to get some cheap or trade for them at a good rate then fine, but I've dialled it right down, they're not available any more.

pzeke

« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2020, 10:01:59 am »
Nope. XIII.

https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Focus_(Fabula_Nova_Crystallis)

Got it. For whatever reason I thought you were talking about the skill/augment in FFXII.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2020, 09:04:13 pm »
I focus on the current gen because most of the stuff is easily attainable and in perfect condition.

« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2021, 01:25:06 pm »
Main focus: SEGA

After the Dreamcast: SEGA games on Playstation consoles.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2021, 01:47:25 pm »

The original Xbox had some fantastic Sega titles. Shenmue 2, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Jet Set Radio Future, Outrun 2, Crazy Taxi 3, etc.

The controller was basically an updated Dreamcast controller.

And rumor is that it originally had plans to be backwards compatible with the Dreamcast, but those plans were scrapped.

« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2021, 01:53:20 pm »
Focus: What focus? lol

I am more than likely a collector is not a collector.  Looking back over all the games I have, games I have sold over the years, games I horde (but never play, never display - mean to play, but then play something else) - there is alot.  And way too many games that I have never played (but meant to when I bought them).

« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2021, 08:36:04 pm »
When I started to collect, my focus was Dreamcast and Nintendo 64. After that, when collection expand for other consoles, put my focus in collect fighting games. Then, since 2010, I collect everything that I want to play or liked to play when was young.

« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2021, 07:48:07 pm »

The original Xbox had some fantastic Sega titles. Shenmue 2, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Jet Set Radio Future, Outrun 2, Crazy Taxi 3, etc.

The controller was basically an updated Dreamcast controller.

And rumor is that it originally had plans to be backwards compatible with the Dreamcast, but those plans were scrapped.

I know. This is my dilemma. 
I don't want to have too many consoles and Playstation has physical releases of Yakuza games, that i'm a big fan (including Fist of the North Star exclusive).

I´m always thinking about expanding my focus area. But then its no longer focus.

« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2021, 11:32:59 am »
While my focus is more or less the same as when I wrote this, I wish my focus could be on collecting arcade and pinball machines. Unfortunately I lack the money or space to do so. Maybe someday if housing prices ever return to earth (and reality).