Author Topic: Games in 2022  (Read 2189 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Games in 2022
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2021, 06:30:45 pm »
I'm not sure if it'll be releasing in 2022, but I'm really looking forward to Dragon Quest III HD-2D Remake. Other than that, the Advance Wars 1+2 remake, Bayonetta 3, Breath of the Wild 2, and Freedom Planet 2 come to mind.

Oh yeah! Definitely looking forward to the DQ III remake!

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2021, 02:52:57 am »
I genuinely can't think of much for now...
BugSnax DLC (The Isle of Bigsnax) - Probably my Game of the Year so more of this for free is delightful.
Sifu - A Beat 'Em Up with a budget for once - Fed up the whole genre being retro throwbacks.
Star Ocean: The Devine Force - It needs to be a big improvement over the last game but I am still curious.
Final Fantasy XVI - ... If we're lucky.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2021, 02:55:57 am by vivigamer »

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2021, 03:23:43 am »
Final Fantasy XVI - ... If we're lucky.

I wanted to put that up as a possible hope one, but I don't know, I think that other Stranger in Paradise Final Fantasy game is coming out next year and I don't know if they are gonna put out two mildly similar Final Fantasy games near each other (Different tones and styles, but both are straight action games).  Not that I'm gonna get Stranger in Paradise, everything I've seen with that game is painful and the gameplay is only okay, so I would love FF16 next year, I'm just not expecting it to lol

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2021, 01:21:18 am »
While technically Elden Ring was already on the "top of my list", it really is one of my most anticipated games of next year alongside Breath of the Wild 2.  At this point, they are very similar games, with their differences mostly just being in tone and overall difficulty.  I put some time into the Network Test and it's real good.  It's Dark Souls, with general QoL improvements, better mobility, and more of a world to travel.  It feels a tad barren to start, but I recommend grabbing the horse as soon as possible as it's not really worth it to travel on foot long distances to explore at the start.

alligo

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2021, 06:13:30 pm »
It's quite sad but I don't expect much.

except perhaps :

• STALKER
  • The new Kirby
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    • LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga

Not sure what happened but it as I've aged, it's become far more difficult to get me excited for a videogame.

I feel the same...  :-\

I will say, I'm definitely not terribly excited about the new Saints Row. I'd love a new one in the style of 1 and 2 but since the devs have made their opinions on those two games very clear I doubt that's going to happen.

I would also have liked a redesign of the very first ones, especially the 2 which is very fun.

I don't like the new direction they took either.
    I don't find myself in it (more like the feeling of the last games), and I don't see how it's "saints row".
https://vgcollect.com/alligo

I don't need a guitar, I'm a Rockstar

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2021, 07:10:22 pm »
But I feel Gamers will sit around and complain that all devs do is rehash old stuff and never innovate. IE. Call of duty hate. But when one goes out of the box its spammed with 75k dislikes before its even released and that is just not ok.  Its fair to not be into a certain style or direction but things change because gamers push them to. It can't go both ways.

gf78

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2021, 08:52:06 pm »
I've been focused on current games and there aren't all that many already announced that I'm really excited about. But here's the ones I am most looking forward to.

Starfield
Breath of the Wild 2
Horizon Forbidden West
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

soera

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2021, 09:03:54 pm »
If I only get the latest Trails entries and Granblue Fantasy;ReLink in 2022, I would probably be okay. If a new Ys game comes out, I'm down. If a new Dragon quest game comes out, I'm down. If a new Neptunia game comes out, I'm down.

Other than that, my backlog is too much already. :(