Author Topic: Do You Listen To Random Music Playlists?  (Read 1382 times)

Do You Listen To Random Music Playlists?
« on: November 09, 2021, 02:32:31 pm »
That's all I listen to basically, sometimes when I want to hear a specific song or album I'll put it on my personal computer for my ears only, Most times I just want to hear a random mix-up of my music collection, SO now I just tune in to my own radio station broadcast from a separate computer in my home, Nobody hears talking only music comes from my radio station. So far I've had no luck gaining that many listeners,

it unfortunate that so many people pay money for satellite radio while people like myself get 0 listeners and we do if for free and without commercials. If you look on the Internet there are a bunch of free 24/7 random playlist talk free radio stations out there. I am one of the best in my own opinion.

If you want to hear something at work? in your car? on your home stereo or head set or old stereo sound system? give me a shot.

Currently I hear "Black Sabbath's" song called "Sweet Leaf" in my studio while I'm typing this out, I am the link to my radio station in in my signature. I am a mostly classic rock station but I do play a lot of classic country rock music not the whining stuff either so. anyway just wanted to ask this quick question, hope to see your IP on in my home studio thanks again, Oldgamerz out :)

(edit) if you want to learn how to start your own IceCast let me know, I stream from a separate computer in my basement adjacent from my gaming room, and I also listen on a separate device than my streaming computer, it's fun to see how many IP's come in daily and when people are listening I also get note of how long a person listens, and what app there are listening on but it's just an IP address and a location of the listener no spyware here. :)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2021, 02:37:07 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: Do You Listen To Random Music Playlists?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2021, 04:01:34 pm »
The only time I do that is on Amazon Music, if an album runs out, or whatever I have in the library ends, it'll then start to play random songs that are kinda similar to what I was listening to I believe.  I don't do that often because I just want to listen to specific bands most of the time.

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2021, 07:47:44 pm »
I will always listen to MP3s stored on my phone generally when I'm driving. I will have the tracks set to random so I don't know what song is coming next. However, I will divide my playlists up in the following manner:
1. Music (a combination of all music regardless of the genre)
2. Metal / Rock
3. 80's (This includes various genres that were released from 1980 to 1989)
4. Techno / Video Game Music / Soundtracks (This comprises of music from video games & movies & even includes a whole slew of techno tracks)

thewelshman

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2021, 09:54:19 pm »
I drive about 1h 20min to and from work, so roughly 2h 40min of driving a day. If I didn't have music playing I'd go insane. Podcasts are nice, but I can only listen to so much talking before I need something else. Lately, I think I've been more on a binge where I've been playing albums from one band than on random. Alice in Chains, Gojira, Jinjer, and other 90s Grunge to name a few.

leshark

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2021, 12:56:31 am »
I mostly listen to music on Spotify; I have one evergrowing 1200+ songs playlist which is just a dump of all the music that I like, and a dozen of playlists for a particular genre/theme. Most of the time I listen to them on shuffle, but once in a while I listen to complete albums. As for the random songs offered by Spotify/Youtube, they're mostly either stuff I've already heard a million times or are too biased to a specific genre, so I rarely listen to them.
:)

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2021, 04:59:48 pm »
When I feel like having background music on and don't feel like loading up my music on the computer, I'll just throw up a random Youtube playlist the algorithm has decided for me. Right now the playlists tend to be equal parts Guilty Gear tracks, Undertale/Deltarune remixes, and Sea Shanties.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2021, 11:54:06 am »
All the time.

But YouTube is sucking with that lately. Used to be I'd pick a song, and YouTube would keep playing random, related music. It was a great way to discover new music. But now it just keeps playing the same couple dozen songs over and over. YouTube's new algorithms or whatever suck now.

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2021, 08:59:58 pm »
I have over 18K songs on my Ipod, so that keeps me plenty entertained. :D

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2021, 10:05:35 am »
Because I’m a weirdo, I prefer my music tracks to play in a specific order. I would number the tracks when I burned my own CDs so they would always play in order, and now I still number them when I transfer my music to a flash drive to play in my car. Occasionally I shuffle them, but not often.

However, that behavior mostly stems from the fact that I mainly listen to movie and game soundtracks, and I like the tracks to match the order of the source material.

mrkonasoni

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2021, 08:52:57 pm »
Sincerely.
I spend some weeks just listening to some music and then I search new ones or just stuff I have spent months since the last time I played.

The only few tracks I keep listening is Linkin Park because it feels somehow relatable when I need a sad cheer up if that make any sense lol
I always have problems learning English, but I still love to talk a lot, I need no reason to be kind, after everything I have gone through I found a little peace.