Author Topic: PlayStation5 1st Anniversary  (Read 1865 times)

mrkonasoni

PlayStation5 1st Anniversary
« on: November 11, 2021, 10:03:55 pm »
|Start》》》|

PlayStation5 turns 1 year old.
I'll be sincere, I still have my doubts with the console and I am still waiting for the eventually Slim model that most possibly is under-development right now.

But like always I am mostly optimistic that things will get better in the future, about the console instead I don't have much opinions, I think is too big but at the same time I actually like the design if it weren't because the plates looks fragile, I am also hoping Sony is reading the feedback and taking notes for a future redesign.

About games, the console right now has interesting stuff that I hope users are enjoying and I hope it will pay off eventually with more interesting content.

Happy 1st anniversary PS5.
Hopefully it will keep getting better and better.

I always have problems learning English, but I still love to talk a lot, I need no reason to be kind, after everything I have gone through I found a little peace.

Re: PlayStation5 1st Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2021, 12:51:27 am »
It's the launch window of a console, rarely is it ever particularly good, especially one releasing during everything that's been going on.  It's more common to see lackluster launches than good ones, like I think the only good one in recent memory would probably be Nintendo Switch I feel as that Super Mario Odyssey, Breath of the Wild, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 all within the first 9 months.  I have played it on the regular, like Demon's Souls Remake is great, Returnal has good gameplay, I heard Ratchet & Clank was good, and I the FF7 Remake DLC was nice.  The boost to other games has been fantastic and games like Miles Morales, which is available on PS4, looks and plays real good on PS5.  There's some fun games on the horizon too, pun intended.

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2021, 12:19:22 am »
In my area it is unable to be simply purchased, this is essentially a 1 year anniversary for Big Foot and Nessie's wedding. The software lineup is also abysmal and Far Cry 6 ppays pretty close to as good on the PS4 pro. I see no rush yet. But have hopes it will get better as the virus does.

gf78

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2021, 10:31:15 am »
I enjoy the exclusives on it the little amount I get to play these days.  Because of the ridiculously long install times compared to my Series X, I cancelled my preorder for Guardians of the Galaxy  and picked up the Series X version instead. The only true PS5 exclusive I have on it is Returnal,  but I guess I'm future-proof for whatever eventually comes along that's not available elsewhere.

The storage situation still hasn't improved, the system is huge and the controller is the most uncomfortable to me compared to Xbox and Switch Pro controllers. The Sony Exclusives are great as usual, but I enjoy Nintendo exclusives more, play pretty much all 3rd party games on Series X and Xbox exclusives like Forza Horizon 5, Gears 5, Ori and soon Halo Infinite get more playtime than the PS5 games.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2021, 12:29:26 am »
And I'm still not totally sure why I bought one...

megasilverx1

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2021, 12:53:07 am »
Besides the Ratchet & Clank game, the PS5 has been a good extra blu-ray player and PS4. Been replaying Dragon Quest XI S on it rather than my PS4 Pro just to use the thing.

telekill

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2021, 02:41:08 pm »
I got my PS5 at launch as I was lucky enough to order in-store and not have to worry about online bots.

Pros:
 - Incredible controller
 - Plays 95% of PS4 games
 - External HDD support

Cons:
 - Small SSD
 - Little of interest software side for first year (expected)
 - Difficult to find for friends

The majority of my PS5 games are free upgrades from PS4 versions I already had, AC Valhalla bought at launch and also on PS4, Astro's Playroom which was preinstalled, and Judgment which is a PS4 port. Then there are the handful of PS Plus games. My friends were only recently able to find a PS5 outside of scalper's hands... and this is when the most fun has taken place; oddly with the new PS Plus game... First Class Trouble... which is also on PS4.

If the PS5 didn't have PS4 backwards compatibility... it would be collecting a hell of a lot of dust. Sure, I'm looking forward to playing the new God of War and Horizon but neither of those games excite me. In fact, the only games I'm excited about that have been announced are Instinction and Ninja Turtles Shredder's Revenge... and Ninja Turtles isn't even confirmed as coming to Playstation as of yet. I have yet to play a game that feels like something the PS4 couldn't do... but I expect with UE5 now in dev hands that that will change in the next couple years.

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2021, 05:55:01 pm »
I enjoy the exclusives on it the little amount I get to play these days.  Because of the ridiculously long install times compared to my Series X, I cancelled my preorder for Guardians of the Galaxy  and picked up the Series X version instead. The only true PS5 exclusive I have on it is Returnal,  but I guess I'm future-proof for whatever eventually comes along that's not available elsewhere.

The storage situation still hasn't improved, the system is huge and the controller is the most uncomfortable to me compared to Xbox and Switch Pro controllers. The Sony Exclusives are great as usual, but I enjoy Nintendo exclusives more, play pretty much all 3rd party games on Series X and Xbox exclusives like Forza Horizon 5, Gears 5, Ori and soon Halo Infinite get more playtime than the PS5 games.
Your entire post history this year is just bashing the PS5. I think you got your point across.

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2021, 02:09:04 pm »

Your entire post history this year is just bashing the PS5. I think you got your point across.

"Better to bash the PS5 with substance and facts than defend
it with no merit" - Sun Tzu

"Whoever smelt it dealt it. But if a game company wants a customer to buy it they need to supply it" - Topanga from boy meets world.

All joking aside. Gf78's sentiment is mine precisely. The gaming community sored PS4 to new heights because it had the edge everywhere it mattered. Now? Nintendo has released way more 1st party exclusives worth mention like the new metroid. Xbox has been consistently better for 3rd party shooter games since 360. PS5 and Series X both are way under par and inflated sales can break any records they want. The facts are PS2 and PS4 broke records without the need of a monster virus keeping everyone home playing games or a goverment giving them thousands of dollars affording them the luxury to do so. PS5 is a flop. A collosal flop and Series X isnt far behind. And I find the software support and supply standards to be embarassing. I haven't seen a series X in my local walmart and I go every single day. Over a year? Never seen it this bad.

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2021, 02:35:15 pm »
PS5 and Series X both are way under par and inflated sales can break any records they want. The facts are PS2 and PS4 broke records without the need of a monster virus keeping everyone home playing games or a goverment giving them thousands of dollars affording them the luxury to do so. PS5 is a flop. A collosal flop

The PS5 has sold over 10 million units.  That was in July.  It's by far the most successful first year for a Sony console.  Not being able to keep up with demand is the opposite of a flop.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 03:20:15 pm by Cartagia »

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2021, 05:23:09 pm »
PS5 and Series X both are way under par and inflated sales can break any records they want. The facts are PS2 and PS4 broke records without the need of a monster virus keeping everyone home playing games or a goverment giving them thousands of dollars affording them the luxury to do so. PS5 is a flop. A collosal flop

The PS5 has sold over 10 million units.  That was in July.  It's by far the most successful first year for a Sony console.  Not being able to keep up with demand is the opposite of a flop.

I can see how that looks impressive but I xplained why in the very message you quoted. 20 million children kept home from school for an entire school year with parents with more stimulus money then inhibitions create everything to sell more. PS4 was released on the heels of a depression. It's a buyers market. And god forbid we look at software sales which are abysmal lol. Scalpers buying 10 million units is the equivelant of when Jay z bought his own album to go platinum. By this time into PS4s launch we had over a dozen games to be joyous about and it was readily stocked at a 399 dollar price point. PS5 could sell 30 million units a year but still be a flop. Because those units sold don't correlate to actual software sales and half end up on 3rd party reselling mediums.

Warmsignal

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2021, 07:50:17 pm »
I remember it like it was... last year. It was huge, it looked like an oscillating vertical fan, and nobody could get one for a fair price. Just look how far we have come.

gf78

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2021, 11:17:19 pm »

I don't consider criticism of faults bashing. Just stating my opinions. I tore the 360 and Xbox One up one side and down the other for their faults.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2021, 11:32:26 pm »

I don't consider criticism of faults bashing. Just stating my opinions. I tore the 360 and Xbox One up one side and down the other for their faults.
The definition of bashing is literally "severe criticism."

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2021, 12:57:28 am »

The definition of bashing is literally "severe criticism."

Can critiquing a PS5 for obvious flaws politely in a forum intended to do so be considered "severe"? I mean come on now. Bashing is typically more sladner and libel versus honest assessment.