Author Topic: PlayStation5 1st Anniversary  (Read 1840 times)

Re: PlayStation5 1st Anniversary
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2021, 08:03:39 am »
Your entire post history this year is just bashing the PS5. I think you got your point across.

I don't consider criticism of faults bashing. Just stating my opinions. I tore the 360 and Xbox One up one side and down the other for their faults.
The definition of bashing is literally "severe criticism."

Can critiquing a PS5 for obvious flaws politely in a forum intended to do so be considered "severe"? I mean come on now. Bashing is typically more sladner and libel versus honest assessment.

They started this thread: https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,11580.0.html - so yeah, I'd say it is leaning towards bashing territory.

gf78

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2021, 10:26:04 pm »
Fair point. I consider it more critical opinions of obvious issues than bashing, especially in light of the fact that I own the system, the games and have first hand experience. Unlike fanboy trolls who have sworn a blood oath to their favorite plastic box.

In any event, I am and always have been a multiplatform gamer. I'm looking forward to my copies of Kena and Deathloop ($24.99 @ GameStop!!!) to arrive.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

pzeke

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2022, 11:23:52 pm »
They started this thread: https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,11580.0.html - so yeah, I'd say it is leaning towards bashing territory.

So what? What exactly is the problem with him criticizing the console? As far as I read, his criticism seems founded, well-intended, and truthful, so I don't see any problem whatsoever with it. People are allowed to like stuff while still being critical about them, so I don't think that's too hard of a concept to understand. In fact, I think more people should be like that, especially in this day and age. Not to mention that we're on a video game discussion forum, so he was exerting his right to discuss his grievances.

As for the topic, sure, the PS5 could have moved over 10mil units, but that means jackshit when there's little substance to it...at least for now, of course. I mean, personally I don't care given by the time I finally get one—probably within six years from now—that won't matter at all, but the point still stands.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2022, 07:33:11 am »

So what? What exactly is the problem with him criticizing the console? As far as I read, his criticism seems founded, well-intended, and truthful, so I don't see any problem whatsoever with it. People are allowed to like stuff while still being critical about them, so I don't think that's too hard of a concept to understand. In fact, I think more people should be like that, especially in this day and age. Not to mention that we're on a video game discussion forum, so he was exerting his right to discuss his grievances.

They can say whatever they want about the PS5.  You'll notice that I did not say that it was good or bad, just pointing out to someone who asked that, yes, they have a history that could be considered bashing. A point to which even they conceded.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2022, 07:35:44 am by Cartagia »

pzeke

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2022, 01:47:27 am »
And I ask once again, so what? Bashing or no bashing, it's still valid criticism when not done for the sake of being a contrarian or troll. This common occurrence of getting on someone's back whenever they present their opinion on something just because it's different in some shape, form, or tone to the conceived notion of others is stupid.

Let's be conformists and stop being critical about things because thinking hurts. Next, we'll abolish competition because it's unfair and promotes segregation. Both are a natural and healthy part of human living; I don't subscribe to the idealists who want to take away dodgeball or grades from school because then nobody gets their fee-fees hurt. They're both necessary to make everyone better, push them, and prevent stagnancy.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!