Author Topic: Your Thoughts On Modding And Pirated Software  (Read 3153 times)

Re: Your Thoughts On Modding And Pirated Software
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2021, 09:51:17 pm »
I feel safer buying ROM's like on some multicart off amazon or Walmart than actually downloading them question is is that considered pirating them if they are not the original copies,

and how about repo carts? Because these days it's probably near impossible to find an official copy of a N64 cartridge going for any price whether it be $30USD or 100USD or more used.

For example I bought a Mario Kart 64 cartage advertised as an official release but it's brand new and fit much more snug then all the rest of my older beat up N64 cartridges do.

Clearly this copy is not a real copy, but it looks great on the outside and plays great,

You really think Nintendo or sony have given permission for them to use these roms in those repro carts?

The only way in wich those are legit are in the case of the megaman X/ street fighter 2 carts in wich the company was involved aswell. Or some of the repro snes nes sega games with some more known brands behind them such as 8 bit limited run etc. in those cases permission was granted by the devs.

I'll say this repro carts are breaking more rules than just getting a rom from the web on pc/everdrive.

The one I bought a copy of mario kart 64 was advertised as the real thing, but I know deep down inside it's a repo because it don't fit like all the rest of my N64 cartridges do, and it's super clean with a glossy sticker, it looks new, but the way I look at it I didn't steal it, and I payed for it, and there is no others you can find on the internet,

I mean how does one not buy a repo these days with all the liars on the market and 2nd hand sellers who don't know what they are actually selling, I could tell you it's real on the internet then ship you a repo one. the normal people don't bother to open it up with that special toolkit because a lot of people don't care as long as the thing plays correctly and looks the same

It is wrong but how else am I suppose to obtain a legal copy of a game when they don't make them anymore? and with all the liars on the marketplace?

A lot of the legit copies are colored on beat up, rusted, and are buried in landfills by now, then you have people who buy retro games just to destroy them, a lot of weirdo's out there
« Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 09:55:14 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

sworddude

« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2021, 05:35:59 am »
I feel safer buying ROM's like on some multicart off amazon or Walmart than actually downloading them question is is that considered pirating them if they are not the original copies,

and how about repo carts? Because these days it's probably near impossible to find an official copy of a N64 cartridge going for any price whether it be $30USD or 100USD or more used.

For example I bought a Mario Kart 64 cartage advertised as an official release but it's brand new and fit much more snug then all the rest of my older beat up N64 cartridges do.

Clearly this copy is not a real copy, but it looks great on the outside and plays great,

You really think Nintendo or sony have given permission for them to use these roms in those repro carts?

The only way in wich those are legit are in the case of the megaman X/ street fighter 2 carts in wich the company was involved aswell. Or some of the repro snes nes sega games with some more known brands behind them such as 8 bit limited run etc. in those cases permission was granted by the devs.

I'll say this repro carts are breaking more rules than just getting a rom from the web on pc/everdrive.

The one I bought a copy of mario kart 64 was advertised as the real thing, but I know deep down inside it's a repo because it don't fit like all the rest of my N64 cartridges do, and it's super clean with a glossy sticker, it looks new, but the way I look at it I didn't steal it, and I payed for it, and there is no others you can find on the internet,

I mean how does one not buy a repo these days with all the liars on the market and 2nd hand sellers who don't know what they are actually selling, I could tell you it's real on the internet then ship you a repo one. the normal people don't bother to open it up with that special toolkit because a lot of people don't care as long as the thing plays correctly and looks the same

It is wrong but how else am I suppose to obtain a legal copy of a game when they don't make them anymore? and with all the liars on the marketplace?

A lot of the legit copies are colored on beat up, rusted, and are buried in landfills by now, then you have people who buy retro games just to destroy them, a lot of weirdo's out there

It's fine to use repro's however I do think it's a bit strange that your okay with repro's but not okay with dowloading roms from the web to play it on pc or on a flash cart on the og console.

Repro's do the exact same thing while there are more 3rd parties actually making a profit out of it compared to people downloading roms.

Your Stylish Sword Master!

kypherion

« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2021, 02:48:21 pm »

This little square right here was my childhood. It's the reason I got to play the other two DSVanias, Megaman ZX + Advent, Age of Empires: Mythologies, so on and so forth. While not legal (especially during the DS Lifetime), it enabled me to enjoy a lot of games I wouldn't have otherwise. Hell, there's working NES, SNES, and Genesis emulators made to run on it. While one could argue it's not right, I'm not going to deny how much I benefited from the invention of this technology.
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

pzeke

« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2022, 09:48:10 pm »

Such a wonderful little device. Using them is fair game now more than ever, so there's nothing to feel ashamed about.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!