Author Topic: Most Anticipated Games for 2022  (Read 799 times)

Most Anticipated Games for 2022
« on: December 17, 2021, 07:23:51 pm »
With 2022 fast approaching that means another year of new game releases. Based on what we know is coming out next year so long as games don't get delayed (for example Horizon and GOW were originally planned for this year) what are you most excited to play next year?

Re: Most Anticipated Games for 2022
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2021, 08:25:19 pm »
After the drought of 2021 there are few games that I'm stoked about in 2022

Elden Ring
Horizon: Forbidden West
God of War: Ragnarok
Breath of the Wild

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2021, 09:44:02 pm »
-The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2
-Gotham Knights
-Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League
-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge
-Warhammer: Space Marine 2 (not sure if the actual release date will be in 2022 or not)

mrkonasoni

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2021, 10:25:18 pm »
GetsuFumaDen Undying Moon and Sonic Frontiers.

But sincerely, Mario + Rabbids 2 looks good and I like it shows once again that Ubisoft and open world games are something so common it now feels weird when they are not making one.
The Kirby open world game looks good and Bayonetta 3 is something I am interested.

From there I am just waiting for other new game announcements.

And of course... another year waiting for Beyond Good and Evil 2 and Metroid Prime 4...
« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 10:27:01 pm by mrkonasoni »
I always have problems learning English, but I still love to talk a lot, I need no reason to be kind, after everything I have gone through I found a little peace.

dhaabi

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2021, 10:45:24 pm »
:: Final Fantasy XVI
:: Kirby and the Forgotten Land
:: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2
:: Little Devil Inside
:: Splatoon 3
:: Starstruck: Hands of Time
:: Stray

That being said, it wouldn't surprise me if Breath of the Wild 2 was delayed to 2023.

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2021, 12:55:54 am »
Only going by confirmed games, my big ones are...

STALKER 2 - Long time fan of the series despite its problems and I'm hoping that with this game, they still bring what people loved about the series, but done much better.
Elden Ring - Big fan the Souls and Souls-adjacent games and I'm absolutely digging what they are doing here, a culmination of everything we got from Dark Souls, Bloodborne, and Sekiro.
Dying Light 2 - I really had a great time with the first game, which has an impressive amount of dev support, and this looks a pretty notable step up for the sequel.

This would be games I'm interested in, but not at top hype or are abit wait and see.
Horizon Forbidden West - I didn't super love the first game, but it was a very solid time, so I'm hopeful for a sequel.
TMNT: Shredder's Revenger - Pixel art brawler throwback to the classic TMNT games? Yes. Give me.
Pokemon Legends: Arceus - I shouldn't be excited for a Pokemon game, I don't think Game Freak is capable of making particularly good games with their rushed released schedule, but this sounds like the game I wanted Sword and Shield to be, so maybe it might be fun and not a half-assed mess.
Kirby and the Forgotten Land - I haven't been interested in Kirby in many years, but I'm into this 3D open area design to things compared to a 2D game.  Could be neat.
Saints Row - Bringing the series back to a relatively more grounded gang setup is what I've been hoping to see.  GTA has no interest for me anymore and it's be years since I've played a game like this.

And these are games with only a general release date and no proper release date yet or has potential to slip into 2023...
Breath of the Wild 2 - The frist game is one of my favorite Zelda games, even if I'm not in love with some aspects of it, so I'm hoping the sequel improves things.
Bayonetta 3 - It has kaiju battles, this is all I need.
God of War: Ragnarok - First game is a great time and I'm sure this one will be too.
Starfield - Part of me is interested, but also part of me hasn't forgiven them for Fallout 76 and that grotesque disaster, so I'll see what they got.
Sonic Frontiers - So I'm a sucker for open world setups clearly, but this is also a Sonic game, so there's a better chance than not that this game could suck as many Sonic games do.  We'll see.
Final Fantasy XVI - Back to a more sword and shield fantasy setup, cool looking action combat, give me this over that other lame Final Fantasy game coming lol
Gotham Knights - This and Suicide Squad have good potential to me, but they are also co-op games and I don't know how they'll be as solo experiences, so we'll see.

jipsy

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2021, 02:31:10 am »
-Saint's Row Reboot
-Dying Light 2
-Kerbal Space Program 2
-Companie of Heros 3
-X-plane 12
Jipsy

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2021, 05:02:26 am »
We had this thread a month ago lol
https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,11636.0.html

Stray, Hogwarts Legacy, Tinykin and Kirby and the Forgotten Land are my current top four.

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2021, 02:10:14 pm »
At the moment only King of Fighters XV and Gran Turismo 7. There's stuff like Breath of the Wild 2, however I seriously doubt we'll get this game next year. I hope I'm wrong, but seeing how we have next to nothing on it still I'm not holding my breath.

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2021, 02:49:58 pm »
Shadow Man Remastered on XB1 and PS4 (I already have it on PC)

Stalker 2 on PC.

That is all. I don't plan on doing much "new" gaming anymore...too much of a backlog to tackle...

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2021, 09:02:19 am »
Elden Ring!
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

telekill

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2021, 06:25:58 pm »
I'm expecting the world to erupt in war next year... America will go from a cold civil war to a violent one. Then WW3 will start from the actions of China and Russia cooperating to take over nearby territories. Due to that, videogame development will be delayed as developers among every other able-bodied person will be swept up into survival mode not seen since the 1940's.

I sincerely hope I'm incorrect.

Should I, hopefully, be incorrect, I have two games on my list... Ninja Turtles Shredder's Revenge and Instinction.