Author Topic: What is the hardest RPG you Ever Completed?  (Read 2165 times)

astralsoul

Re: What is the hardest RPG you Ever Completed?
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2022, 12:41:47 pm »
Hardest if we're talking strictly traditional JRPG, then probably Final Fantasy 3 (NES/DS Remake). The whole game isn't too difficult but that final dungeon is absolutely brutal. It's the sole reason I'll never replay it.

But beyond that, action RPGs... Dark Souls. Even though it's one of my favorite games of all time.

But the hardest RPG in my opinion, though it's considered a strategy RPG, is Final Fantasy Tactics. That game is a serious struggle for me. I don't think I could ever play through it again even though it is a fantastic game.

Re: What is the hardest RPG you Ever Completed?
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2022, 04:09:04 am »
I'd say Star Ocean 4. Getting all trophies with a guide is absolute hell. Getting them without a guide is probably one of the most ridiculous and sadistic things in the history of entertainment, because:

-You have to open all chests in the game.
-Create all items in the item creation thingy.
-Collect 100% of all data (monster, ship etc).
-Unlock all members' endings (which means you will have to talk to everyone at specific points to progress their meter).
-Play with all characters to unlock their in-game battle trophies (there is a lot of them).
-Complete everything related to side quests.
-Kill the super bosses.
-Beat the game three times.

The two hardest difficulties are unlocked after beating the game and endgame on the hardest difficulty can be quite brutal. Oh yeah, a lot of the above is missable, so you probably need at least three playthroughs anyway. Do not do this without a guide. Even with a guide, you can probably get 20-30 other platinums during the same time it takes to get this one.