Author Topic: I got a N64! Woot!  (Read 2101 times)

mastodon

I got a N64! Woot!
« on: January 08, 2022, 05:17:18 pm »

Super excited. Already have WCW vs NWO Revenge. Just ordered NFL Blitz.

Re: I got a N64! Woot!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2022, 05:29:18 pm »
You now own the best video game system to ever exist, and in one of the best 6 colors possible for the system! Very nice :D

soera

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2022, 08:26:21 pm »
You now own the best video game system to ever exist

Everyone that knows me on here knows my hatred for the N64. But Im genuinely curious as to why you consider this is the best system ever. I probably shouldnt do this on this thread as the OP is truly happy to own it and, for that, I say congrats. I will say that the colored N64s is the beginning of limited consoles and what opened the world to them and allowed me to have limited PS4s ....
« Last Edit: January 08, 2022, 08:31:00 pm by soera »

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2022, 10:11:04 pm »

Everyone that knows me on here knows my hatred for the N64. But Im genuinely curious as to why you consider this is the best system ever. I probably shouldnt do this on this thread as the OP is truly happy to own it and, for that, I say congrats. I will say that the colored N64s is the beginning of limited consoles and what opened the world to them and allowed me to have limited PS4s ....

I'm goofing abit, though it is genuinely a personal favorite console of mine, with the colored versions being some of my most favorite looking consoles.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 05:34:09 am by kamikazekeeg »

sworddude

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2022, 06:38:45 am »

N64 is the reason ps1/ playstation is made to exist.

secretly it's suddenly now one of your favourite consoles
Your Stylish Sword Master!

mastodon

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2022, 11:39:56 am »
I am more into 2d pixels over early polygons 100%. My fav era is the 8bit-32bit systems. With that said, N64 has the best pro wrestling games ever made.

godnightshade

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2022, 11:53:37 am »
The amount of time I spent on VPW2 and No Mercy is insane! MI-SA-WA! MI-SA-WA! MI-SA-WA!

mastodon

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2022, 01:00:03 pm »
The amount of time I spent on VPW2 and No Mercy is insane! MI-SA-WA! MI-SA-WA! MI-SA-WA!
I played countless hours of World Tour, Revenge, and WWF 2000. I never did play No Mercy or VPW2. I soo excited about these. Now there's english translation mods for VPW2 and other mods for No Mercy that adds extra content. VPW2 cost about $80 and No Mercy about $35, so next payday I'm 100% buying both.

jason

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2022, 02:06:54 pm »
congratulations!!! :)

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2022, 10:44:17 pm »
Congrats!

It's still to this day my favorite Nintendo console. I know a lot of people hate it, but it's a magical console with an awesome library of games.

inb4 TOO MANY RACING AND SPORTS GAMES!!!!!

Yes, but there are some excellent titles within those genres and even more amazing games that don't belong to either genre.

sworddude

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2022, 07:21:43 am »
n64 ain't my favourite console but it does have some excellent stuff

Plus it's the only console with amazing 3D goemon games.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2022, 12:41:08 pm »
Not bad.

I've been noticing that collecting for the N64 is hot right now.

I can't say that I'm nostalgic over the N64 since it came out during the Playstation 1 era. However, there are games that I have been wanting to play for that system. I'm probably the most nostalgic over the NES, SNES, Game Boy, & Genesis. Playstation 2 was an era I really liked too.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 12:43:56 pm by bigbossman »

Warmsignal

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2022, 02:34:38 pm »
I've had one since Xmas of 1996 and I'll probably never part with it. To me there can never be too many racing games, because those were the racing games that cemented my affinity for the genre to this day! They're great games. I never played RPGs back then, so I didn't miss their absence. I also admit that I played the wrestling games back then as well, and had a blast, especially multiplayer. Tons of great couch multiplayer experience on the system, it was the party machine to own.

It's my favorite simply because it hit at the right time, with the right kind of games, and left an impression on me that no other console could ever again replicate.

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2022, 02:42:08 am »
I still got our original anthrazite dark grey first edition from it's release date back in the 90s. Reset-Button got lost over the decades, but it still runs and I still got our favourite cartridges from back in the day, as they were:

- GoldenEye 64
- Perfect Dark
- The 2 Zelda Games
- Super Smash Bros.

and so on ... in my oppinion it was a great console for it's time, and retrospecively, it's quite impressing what graphics were possible still using cartridges instead of discs! oO

Sadly, N64 is the tiniest part of my collection, but I plan to change that ;-)

Question: did anyone ever made real extensive use of the rumble-pak? ^^ I never did though I own one.
ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US !!
WELCOME TO YOUR DOOM !!

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2022, 09:15:19 pm »
You now own the best video game system to ever exist, and in one of the best 6 colors possible for the system! Very nice :D

I am a bit impartial as this is bar none the most nostalgic console to me. Is it the best? Debatable, lol. However some games it had were some of the best experiences I have had gaming and some have been iconic milestones for gaming in general. Add on its limited edition or special color consoles, its (controversial, yet innovative) controller, and its library of exclusives, it is for sure an amazing console! Congrats!