Author Topic: Castlevania: Seal of the Eclipse  (Read 688 times)

mastodon

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Castlevania: Seal of the Eclipse
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2022, 11:30:30 am »
Looks good. But fan-made games tend to be really difficult. And those pre-Metroidvania Castlevania games are already a bit difficult. I hope that's not the case, here.

sworddude

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2022, 01:52:52 pm »
fangames are indeed more on the difficulty side at times, although the non metroidvania games already posed a nice challenge so I doubt it's going to be that much of a difference if where talking classic. For metroidvania fangames I do get why they made them more difficult, mostly because most og metroidvania games are on the easy side in wich you had to handicap yourselves to make them somewhat of a challenge. exceptions exist but those where pretty much all indi.

grapics and gameplay wise it looks great. I do hope the soundtrack is going to be nice, that's the stuff that's usually gets butchered in plenty of fan games.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 01:54:36 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

mastodon

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2022, 01:01:39 pm »
I'm such a huge fan of 2D Castlevania. It makes me so happy to get another adventure.

pzeke

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2022, 11:41:29 pm »
I would like to one day make and release a game of my own, so I appreciate fan games more than I ever thought I would, especially when they're done with the utmost care and respect for the source material, often proving they do so more than companies like Konami have and will ever, at least in recent years.

I'm all over this.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!