Author Topic: What where the best deals you foolishly passed on?  (Read 1631 times)

dashv

PRO Supporter

Re: What where the best deals you foolishly passed on?
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2022, 08:10:00 pm »
The main one that sticks out is the time I saw a Dreamcast in Goodwill for like $10-15.  Who knows if it worked, though.

This is actually why I stopped going to thrift stores.

I can’t pass up deals like this and over a two year period I literally brought home 12 $10 Xboxes. :-P

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2022, 06:33:26 pm »
The company who published "El Chavo Kart" on Xbox 360 and PS3 was selling new, sealed copies on Amazon for $19.99. They were selling them for a while...and when they sold out, the price for the game skyrocketed.

I remember this I told a friend we should order two and then never did. :(

ferraroso

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2022, 01:49:25 am »
I once saw a Sony HB-F1XDJ MSX2+ in mint condition being sold for less than ¥10,000 (around US$85) and let it pass. When I returned to the shop the next day, it was nowhere to be found and, to this day, I still only own a plain MSX2 (which I love)...
I was able to score a complete Apple Pippin at the same store for ¥7,000 (US$60) a few months after that though.

The company who published "El Chavo Kart" on Xbox 360 and PS3 was selling new, sealed copies on Amazon for $19.99. They were selling them for a while...and when they sold out, the price for the game skyrocketed.

I remember this I told a friend we should order two and then never did. :(

It can still be found for fairly cheap in Brazil though. It was released there under the slightly different Portuguese title "Chaves Kart".

pzeke

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2022, 09:46:42 pm »
We've been here before, but Tomba!, The Misadventures of Tron Bonne, and Ninja Five-O; I held each of them in my hands, and either just decided not to get them or got something else instead. There's also Ninja Gaiden Trilogy, which I outright decided to ignore while at a flea market many years ago before the retro boom. I know there may be more, but those are the ones that I always remember and regret not getting the most.

Another would be back when I started buying on eBay, someone was offloading all six Mega Man games for the NES for $100something, and I didn't go through with the deal because at the time I didn't own the console. And what stinks particularly more about this one is that this was back when the hobby had yet become the monster that it is today, so I was indeed going to get a good deal for the lot.

But hey, what can you do? The past is the past—you live and you learn.

I should have purchased Bitcoin in the beginning.

I was actually there and I thought about it long and hard, but I dipped out. It just reeked like sardines at the time to me, and, well, it sounded too good to be true...as funny as that may sound now. No regrets, though; but I do know two that invested early and are now laughing it up like plump ham hocks.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!