Author Topic: Replacement Boxes  (Read 745 times)

jipsy

Replacement Boxes
« on: February 15, 2022, 03:21:22 pm »
What are your thoughts on replacement boxes? I've been looking for a box for one of my original GameBoys and can't find any in a realistic price range. I'm thinking about buying a replacement box but I'm not sure if that frowned upon for it they are even solid quality.
Jipsy

Re: Replacement Boxes
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2022, 03:27:22 pm »
I don't have a problem with replacement cases (with the artwork). For about a couple of years, when I found out that Gamestop was throwing out various items, I started fishing things that were in descent condition of the dumpster close to where I live & began selling the replacement cases with the coverart for a reasonable price on Ebay. I was able to score an Xbox One & sell it for parts for $50.00. (I don't know if it worked or not). After a while, I ended up getting way more junk than I could sell & ultimately gave that up. Later on, the Gamestop store got a different style of dumpster that made it difficult for me to rummage though.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2022, 07:00:37 pm »
I don't have a problem with them as long as you don't try to sell them as original if you decide to get rid of them.

mastodon

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2022, 08:09:58 am »
I'm a big fan Stone Age Gamers Bitbox.

jipsy

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2022, 04:33:28 pm »
That website is actually super cool, thanks for bringing it to my attention.
Jipsy

brothertuc

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2022, 07:16:16 am »
I have quite a few games in replacement boxes, so I don't mind at all.
Especially the games that have the logo printed on the sleeve. I do have about 4 PS1 games in replacement boxes. I can live with knowing they are indeed replacements without an official logo.

pzeke

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2022, 09:39:14 pm »
What are your thoughts on replacement boxes? I've been looking for a box for one of my original GameBoys and can't find any in a realistic price range. I'm thinking about buying a replacement box but I'm not sure if that frowned upon for it they are even solid quality.

Why would you care if it's "frowned upon"? It's perfectly fine wanting to have your games be as complete and as neat as possible. If it makes you feel any better, there are plenty of others within the hobby that use replacement boxes for the exact same reason you expressed; no one is going to breathe down your neck accusing you of collecting improperly—it's not a crime. So, if you feel okay with having a game in your collection in a replacement box, go for it.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!