Author Topic: So... What did y'all think of the Nintendo direct?  (Read 1684 times)

Re: So... What did y'all think of the Nintendo direct?
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2022, 08:08:08 am »
Overall it was a solid, if not groundbreaking show.  Some cool new titles, info on existing ones, spread across multiple genres.  Based on reactions elsewhere, this was prime example of some people are just never gonna be happy unless every single little thing is tailored specifically to them.

sworddude

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2022, 10:55:23 am »
The switch is definitely getting up there in terms of one of the best nintendo consoles.

There ain't really missing much in term of old bigger 3d series that haven't gotten a revival yet.

rip wario land, F zero, starfox and goemon but otherwise not much to complain about.

still kinda shocking to see 2 new xenoblade games on 1 console generation.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2022, 11:16:04 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

dhaabi

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2022, 11:33:49 am »
Overall it was a solid, if not groundbreaking show.  Some cool new titles, info on existing ones, spread across multiple genres.  Based on reactions elsewhere, this was prime example of some people are just never gonna be happy unless every single little thing is tailored specifically to them.

You summed up the latest Direct well. These presentations are to cater to so many types of people—not just you in particular. With that in mind, this Direct excelled.

mrkonasoni

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2022, 07:36:49 pm »
It was fine.
I give Nintendo credit that these directs always have a bunch of games I actually want.

Mario Strikers, GetsufumaDen, Kirby and some remasters looks like stuff I enjoy.
I always have problems learning English, but I still love to talk a lot, I need no reason to be kind, after everything I have gone through I found a little peace.

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2022, 11:57:38 pm »
The switch is definitely getting up there in terms of one of the best nintendo consoles.

I completely agree with with. When you look at the amount of amazing, must have games the Switch has quite a bit of these, plus a bunch that while not incredible are worth picking up for sure. On a personal level it's probably my second (maybe third) favorite Nintendo console behind the N64 and possibly the SNES.

pzeke

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2022, 08:24:33 pm »
Kirby and the Forgotten Land and Advance Wars 1+2: Re-boot Camp - These are hard for me to say no to. Maybe I'll give Nintendo Switch Sports a try, too, but I'm not particularly enthused golf will be added later in as essentially DLC.

Klonoa Phantasie Reverie Series - I like Klonoa, so the chances of me getting this one are high. But if I'm being honest, I would've preferred a new entry in the series.

Front Mission 1st (and Front Mission 2) - Mechs me happy.

Live A Live - I tried this one many moons ago while checking out Japan-exclusive games for the SNES via emulation, so I'm no doubt getting this one.

SD Gundam Battle Alliance - I've always had a hard time liking super deformed Gundam since I don't really like chibi anything, but the game looks nice and right up my alley, so 50/50 chance.

Lastly, seeing Chrono Cross announced was rather nice, as I'm fondly nostalgic about it, but I've never been crazy about remasters and frankly could care less about visual novels, so my love can only go so far. If and when the game gets a physical release, then I'll think about it...

Anyway, that's pretty much all I'm interested in. Overall, it was a really good direct.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!