Author Topic: What percentage are you a collector vs a gamer?  (Read 2123 times)

sworddude

Re: What percentage are you a collector vs a gamer?
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2022, 06:02:26 pm »
used to be 50 / 50 collector gamer during the times when I was really active collecting wise, but I collect allot less these days since I have pretty much everything that I want and it's harder to find stuff that I still need. So I play allot more during free time.

Nowadays I'd say 20 % collector 80 % gamer also little interest to collect current gen.

Not to mention that the only reason I started to collect old games was because I played allot of games and I was told by friends to be pretty good at them. with certain multiplayer games my friends would only play against me if it could be 2 or 3 vs 1  I would still win though :P That's where tournaments are for if you want to find people who are really good at games to even the playing field. It's also nice that they have side games for variety and less skill games.

With pure nostalgia I would probably just stick with a smaller collection, for me the drive to collect would only work because I played allot of games and was good at them.

Still if where talking 90% collectors, They probably played a ton of games at some point to have such a passion for it most likely during child hood where time was plentyfull . not to mention time is limited as an adult so some people actually don't have time to play the games atm, while collecting and buying can be done while spending little time nothing wrong with that I can easily see how people have big collections while they don't play allot. collecting just takes up allot less time than playing.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 06:04:39 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

pzeke

Re: What percentage are you a collector vs a gamer?
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2022, 07:56:29 pm »
I've been pretty much just buying games whenever I can, with little if any time spent playing, so I guess I'm just a collector, at least at this moment in time. The last game I played in full was Final Fantasy VII Remake, and whatever I know about any other games is because I keep up-to-date, as well as tend to watch gameplay videos and read up on them. I was hoping Metroid Dread would jolt me back into shape, but that wasn't the case, unfortunately, so hopefully I'll return to form sometime this year. In fact, I'm planning on doing a bit of an overhaul to my room within a few weeks from today, so I want to give the new Pokémon game a try once I'm done.

That said, I might slow down on my spending a bit.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!