Author Topic: What cancelled game would you love to play if it never was?  (Read 1889 times)

Re: What cancelled game would you love to play if it never was?
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2022, 10:37:53 am »
Project Berkley, aka Shenmue on the Sega Saturn. There is a decent amount of pre-alpha footage of it online and it looks so incredibly cozy. I absolutely think it was the right thing to do in waiting to release shenmue on the much more advanced Dreamcast, but I'd still love to try this game out just to see all the differences.

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2022, 10:52:34 am »
I'd of loved to play Fez 2. The first Fez was unique and I really wanted to see what a sequel could add.

pzeke

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2022, 04:23:58 pm »
You know what's funny?

Metroid Dread for the Nintendo DS.

It was set to return to its roots, being a sequel to Metroid Fusion. A true shame this never saw the light of day.

That was two years ago. Better late than never, as the saying goes.

Another game that was mentioned in that same topic is Echo Delta, which was set for release on the N64, but, albeit completed, was canceled at the last minute. A prototype of the game was sold on eBay in 2006 for $1520, and apparently was dumped, but has yet to appear anywhere...or maybe it's well-hidden, floating somewhere in cyberspace.

Speaking of the N64, two years ago the rights and source code for Dragon Sword were acquired by PIKO, the ones responsible for resurrecting 40 Winks. As far as I know, the game was unfinished and a buggy mess, so it seems they have their work cut out for them, especially if we put into perspective that most of the other games they've secured in the past were completed or near completion. Nevertheless, the game looks cool; it kind of reminds me of Dragon Valor.

Another one for the N64 would be a Pokémon game aptly named, "Pocket Monsters RPG" that was meant for the 64DD peripheral, apparently preceding Stadium. As a fan of the series, it would've been nice if it had seen the light of day given the series just now made the shift to 3D.

Lastly, way before Avengers in 2020, there was another Avengers game that was meant to loosely tie-in with the MCU and was set to feature the Skrull invasion. Apparently the game would've also had a few other elements we've seem spread throughout the MCU movies so far, so I'm guessing they got together and agreed not to blow their load in video game form. I'm of course jesting, the game was canceled due to financial problems, so the rights ended up going to Ubisoft and Avengers: Battle for Earth came out of that, which is crap.

And yeah...
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 06:32:45 pm by pzeke »

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

stealthrush

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2022, 06:31:08 pm »
Gun Beat https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_Beat

It was an arcade action-racing game developed by Treasure for the Sega NAOMI.

megasilverx1

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2022, 07:16:21 pm »
Dragon Hopper (VB)- A Zelda-esque adventure game staring a dragon by Intelligent Systems. It was previewed in Nintendo Power Volume 86.

Zero Racers (VB)- F-Zero sequel. It was previewed in Nintendo Power Volume 87.

Re: What cancelled game would be you love to play if it never was?
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2022, 07:00:21 pm »
I had high hopes for Project Rap Rabbit being made.

Same, i even backed it as well :(

My choice would be Hogs of War 2! I love the 1st game with it's hilarious voice overs from Rik Mayall. The campaign was fun to playthrough but that Death Bowl level with the pit is one of the best Multiplayer maps I've ever played! There is concept art but sadly not much els on the development.

tpugmire

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2022, 10:55:15 pm »
Earthbound 64 for sure.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

mrkonasoni

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2022, 02:15:46 am »
• Survival Day Zero for Nintendo 64, it's a cancelled Konami game that was about 70% completed.
•I always wanted to see the port of Heart of Darkness for GBA.
• Project Hammer for Wii.

I always have problems learning English, but I still love to talk a lot, I need no reason to be kind, after everything I have gone through I found a little peace.

gngtiger

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2022, 12:33:50 pm »
Earthbound 64 for sure.

That still eventually came out as Mother 3, but I would love to play this one as well. It would be more interesting with 3D visuals.