Author Topic: Ever bought a game for a system you didn't own?  (Read 1587 times)

kashell

Re: Ever bought a game for a system you didn't own?
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2022, 04:42:49 pm »
I've purchased games before getting their respective system, but each time the system purchase wasn't too far into the future.

brothertuc

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2022, 12:05:32 pm »
I've purchased games before getting their respective system, but each time the system purchase wasn't too far into the future.

I've done that too, only the system purchase ended up being way into the future or not happening at all (so far) despite all my intentions. 

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2022, 12:09:44 pm »
I actually thought of another one.

Many years back I came across a huge lot of Neo Geo Pocket games for dirt cheap, as in like $4 a game. It was like half the US library and most of the must haves were included. I didn't own a Neo Geo Pocket, but decided to pick them up anyways with the intention of getting one someday. Low and behold I never did get a NGPC and decided to sell the games about a year ago for a nice profit. All well.

aliensstudios

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2022, 03:49:11 pm »
I've bought some games for the Turbo Grafx/PC Engine CD despite not owning the CD attachment, I had intentions of getting the attachment but I don't think it's justifiable for me right now. I also own Fatal Fury for the MVS and Metal Gear for the MSX, neither of which I have the means to play the original cartridges but I've played on other platforms.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

fladechen

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2022, 08:01:16 am »
Well I have a bunch of big box PC games but I haven't had a Windows PC for ages, since I switched for Mac back in 2008.
Once I bought Chrono Cross for the PlayStation, a console I never had and never will... in fact it was a gift for a friend, which doesn't have the console either but loves the series.

aliensstudios

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2022, 07:07:00 pm »
Well I have a bunch of big box PC games but I haven't had a Windows PC for ages, since I switched for Mac back in 2008.
I still have a bunch of old Computer games that don't run on my Mac at all. I've gotten lots of them to work via Wine, Dos Box and Parallels, but there are a few that I can't get to run like the old Galaxy of Arcade games.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

pzeke

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2022, 02:48:22 am »
I got the Mega Man X trilogy for the SNES, as well as a few PS4 games before finally getting their respective consoles; I also have an Xbox and Xbox One game, but I don't have either of those consoles in my collection.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure most collectors have often done this—I'd bet theflea is guilty of it.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!