Author Topic: How Rare Do You Think It Is To Find SNES Cartridges Today?  (Read 1978 times)

How Rare Do You Think It Is To Find SNES Cartridges Today?
« on: March 25, 2022, 05:38:25 am »
Vary vary rare in my opinion all the collectors bought up the worlds stock, where can I even find Super Nintendo games anymore? I see a lot of people on this site own the cartridges but are hanging onto them and not letting any go, I rarely ever saw SNES cartridges in the wild when I was searching about 4 years ago too.

can anybody point out any SNES compilations that are being sold perhaps a ROM cartridge?
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

sworddude

Re: How Rare Do You Think It Is To Find SNES Cartridges Today?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2022, 07:28:58 am »
snes cardridge deals are still quite doable to find dare I'd even say moderately easy, perhaps not as easy in fleamarkets or garage sales unless your going super early these days because in my experience when you can get stuff for pennies you always have allot of competition people just get everything if it's that cheap, you gotto be hardcore to score stuff at those if your not the first or 2nd person there the good stuff is gone. but if your going online you can find great deals on cart only lots allot more supply considering you'd otherwise be limited to your surroundings, also in general less demand for them. snes carts are overall not rare at all, over here they are a bit neglected even unless it's the sought after stuff allot of collectors seemed to have moved on to cib or bust mentality or collecting sega ps1 instead.

I mean I quite recently got an amazing cardridge deal with a legit chrono trigger at peak hype around 1 or 2 months ago also scored multiple pocky & rocky 2 carts not to long ago imagine the more common stuff. cart only collecting is so easy compared to cib. if only I didn't care to much about boxes ever since I was a kid.

Cib is another story way tougher allot less out there since the supply is just 10x less or worse. let alone it being a collectable shape but even that doable on top of that more hardcore folks and strong demand, will take allot more effort.

if your planning on just buying 1 cart lose for the rare stuff you might be out of luck, the good deals come when people sell everything at once. those people have priority over people that just want the good stuff although mispricing on single items happens aswell but your limiting your opportunties than.

However I'll say this if you ignore the sought after stuff. snes cart only collecting ain't that pricy at all. allot of titles that people pretty much give no shit about. plenty of 10$ or less games, not the best stuff, but if you going for quantity cart only snes is mostly quite affordable.

While supply is getting less over the years there are still buckloads of cart only snes games for sale. also considering that cart only gets less desirable to collectors you will see more on the markets overtime so it's really doubtfull if the supply will drop down that fast over the years.

can anybody point out any SNES compilations that are being sold perhaps a ROM cartridge?

buy an everdrive cart at that point, what's the point of a compilation cart. you can have the entire library in one go than.

if where talking the grey area compilation carts ain't any better than a everdrive.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2022, 09:36:15 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2022, 02:09:42 pm »
Sure, you can't just walk into a Walmart or Gamestop now and see shelves of SNES games on a display, but I don't think it's super rare to find SNES games. I see them fairly often at the places I go to look for games, however 90% of the time their your under $10 sports titles or some crappy budget game that is neither rare or desirable. So I guess it really depends on the game. I'm almost never seeing games like Ninja Gaiden Trilogy or Pocky and Rocky 2, but I still see Super Mario World and Street Fighter 2 Turbo fairly often.

telly

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2022, 02:21:44 pm »
I was just at a proper used game store the other day and they had stacks and stacks of SNES games for sale. You just need to look in the right places.
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2022, 02:27:21 pm »
It's not super rare like 3DO games or something. But it's certainly not as easy to come across non-sports SNES titles in the wild as it was a decade back, which can be frustrating since we all know there were plenty of cartridges made.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2022, 03:27:00 pm by burningdoom »

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2022, 08:04:51 pm »
My local indy game store has hundreds of SNES games, even rarer stuff. Hell, they've got a copy of Hagane in stock right now. Obviously you're going to be paying a fair bit for the rare stuff, but it's still significantly cheaper than places like eBay.

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2022, 08:44:40 pm »
I was just at a proper used game store the other day and they had stacks and stacks of SNES games for sale. You just need to look in the right places.

Exactly this. They are out there, but they are just mostly in specialty stores.

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2022, 01:01:20 am »
It's not that hard to find SNES carts at used game shops, at least that's the case in the DFW area of Texas. I can think of at least four shops off the top of my head that always seem to have a lot of the best selling good stuff in stock and reasonably priced too, not just sports titles.

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2022, 08:07:43 pm »
Vary vary rare in my opinion all the collectors bought up the worlds stock, where can I even find Super Nintendo games anymore? I see a lot of people on this site own the cartridges but are hanging onto them and not letting any go, I rarely ever saw SNES cartridges in the wild when I was searching about 4 years ago too.

Why would I “let go” of games that I enjoy and have meaning to me?
—Currently Playing—
Ace Attorney 4-5-6 (NS)
Raiden IV x Mikado (NS)

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2022, 12:28:59 am »

It is funny this comment was made on a collecting site.

That said, a couple [places here have them, but I haven't looked at what they have. Retro gaming is a pretty small market here so most places dont go that far back.

brothertuc

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2022, 05:46:58 pm »
Not very rare. At least not here. We have several retro game stores that sell them.

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2022, 11:12:16 pm »

I never asked you to get rid of them stop just stop, You guys got to understand for the last time I am jealous of you collectors because I don't think I'll ever have those games in my life., but at least when I die I'lll have them but in life? no I firmly believe that when I die I'll have access to everything and I'll have a super body with a mind and hands to play all them properly. And thousands of un-cheating and legit players to play them all with.

I want every single game song and movie to watch and understand the language in existence even video games made by extra terrestrials LOL ::)

see yall in heaven guys, I believe that only pure evil go to hell and all the rest of us see heaven and return to our home planet when life if through
« Last Edit: March 27, 2022, 11:15:42 pm by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2022, 11:22:38 pm »
Not very rare. At least not here. We have several retro game stores that sell them.

Around where I live in Michigan SNES Super Nintendo games are super rare to find in the wild in and around Detroit Michigan however PS1 PS2 Xbox Xbox360 PC, and PS3 are vary vary easy to find and some times even N64 I can find atari and NES more then I can find Super Nintendo.

I gonna look for a REAL 16 bit ROM cartridges on the internet maybe soon

NO APPS NEEDED

sworddude

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2022, 02:34:28 pm »

I never asked you to get rid of them stop just stop, You guys got to understand for the last time I am jealous of you collectors because I don't think I'll ever have those games in my life., but at least when I die I'lll have them but in life? no I firmly believe that when I die I'll have access to everything and I'll have a super body with a mind and hands to play all them properly. And thousands of un-cheating and legit players to play them all with.

I want every single game song and movie to watch and understand the language in existence even video games made by extra terrestrials LOL ::)

see yall in heaven guys, I believe that only pure evil go to hell and all the rest of us see heaven and return to our home planet when life if through

Your Stylish Sword Master!

mrkonasoni

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2022, 11:21:33 pm »
Nope, we have plenty of them over here, but most are either stuff no one cares about or pretty pricey.

We also have problems selling that stuff over here because people is pretty toxic when it comes to sell old games for more than 30$ bucks.

Pretty hilarious, though, people that buys all that stuff is always pretty picky about if the game is real or not, and is common seeing people opening the cartridges for verification in the retro stores before paying for the game.

I always have problems learning English, but I still love to talk a lot, I need no reason to be kind, after everything I have gone through I found a little peace.